Buy Now
Fulgore Trailer and new developer revealed. - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Killer Instinct (Arc)
Killer Instinct 2
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Forum

Recent News

02/06/17: Sneak Peak At Ultimates for Killer Instinct

10/30/16: Get the Killer Instinct Season 3 Soundtrack here.

07/20/16: Pre-order Killer Instinct Definitive Edition here!

07/17/16: The Killer Instinct Definitive Edition is coming Sept 20th!

News Archive

Killer Instinct TV

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1293
Latest: AnitaAnela
New This Month: 17
New This Week: 15
New Today: 15
Stats
Total Posts: 10659
Total Topics: 1419
Most Online Today: 133
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 107
Total: 107
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fulgore Trailer and new developer revealed.  (Read 16139 times)

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
Fulgore Trailer and new developer revealed.
« on: March 27, 2014, 12:10:17 PM »

Enjoy

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6ohGh4zILg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6ohGh4zILg</a>
http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/27/5551116/killer-instinct-new-developer-iron-galaxy-fulgore-release-date-xbox-one
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 12:49:04 PM by CXK »

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
    • View Profile
Re: Fulgore Trailer and new developer revealed.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 12:30:18 PM »

I think he looks great, not seeing the "zoner" they said he was going to be from the trailer. Trailer looked a bit rushed compared to the others but im excited to get my hands on him and play through story mode and get into some lobbies. Maybe spark up my interest in the game again.

Right now I'm not to happy with the dev choice but I suppose I will take the wait and see approach with this.

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 01:16:05 PM »

I think he's looking great.  Did it look like Fulgore might have done a finishing move on Orchid?  Or was that just me?

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 01:17:49 PM »

It looked more like the end of an Ultra to me, they decided to "tease" it and show us the end is how I am seeing it.

BUT apparently we get a stream tomorrow showcasing him so we shall see.

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 04:24:01 PM »

I'm thinking if they are going to do something big at E3 (I think they will) for season two I am thinking they are going to reveal 2 characters they have already been working on. I'm going to say Combo and Cinder.

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 05:41:07 PM »

I'm thinking if they are going to do something big at E3 (I think they will) for season two I am thinking they are going to reveal 2 characters they have already been working on. I'm going to say Combo and Cinder.
I'm very excited for Combo, I hope he doesnt change too much.  I want him to be more KI1 than KI2.

realist615

• Noob
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: realist615
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 07:41:40 PM »

I'm glad a story mode is finally being added! I hope you guys will bring TJ combo in the mix soon, as well as finishers and humilations. Hopfully there is a some discussion about bringing KI2 and having online battles for it as well as KI 1.

NOTLAW47

• Master Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: NOTLAW 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 09:06:56 PM »

Iron Galaxy Studios resume Isn't that great. I mean if   you look at the fighting games they worked on its not that  impressive.They made NO ORIGINAL FGs for the exception of Divekick.SF3,Marvel vs Capcom,Darkstalkers, the work they have done on those classic lets call it for what it was......."Trace work"(touch -up) and Divekick was a rock,paper,scissors kinda game.Even though I'm somewhat skeptical of IGS experience, I see why MS picked this studio.   
The truth,the whole truth,and
nothing but the STOMP-DOWN!!! truth.

Dynamo

• Solid Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 08:09:04 AM »

Obviously Iron galaxy is going to get help from microsoft studious when it comes to its development. You got admit they did a good job coding some of these old games to meet the standards. I too think Dive kick was mediocre game, but at least they are familiar with fighting games. A lot of people were skeptical about Double helix making killer instinct was because of their development history in which all they did was making shitty games. The reason as to why these games sucked is because some of these larger companies demanded a lot of things from these guys in which it restricts their freedom of creativity. However, after playing strider and killer instinct, I was impressed with the presentation of both of these games because they stay faithful to these franchises and they put a lot more effort to these games because they have the freedom to do so. I ll give these guys a chance because they proved their worth when it came to some of their games

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 09:39:55 AM »

Iron Galaxy Studios resume Isn't that great. I mean if   you look at the fighting games they worked on its not that  impressive.They made NO ORIGINAL FGs for the exception of Divekick.SF3,Marvel vs Capcom,Darkstalkers, the work they have done on those classic lets call it for what it was......."Trace work"(touch -up) and Divekick was a rock,paper,scissors kinda game.Even though I'm somewhat skeptical of IGS experience, I see why MS picked this studio.   

You summed it up pretty good, even a day later Im still going to take the wait and see approach, I hope if they show something at E3 they wow us.

Kk-Man

• Awesome Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: MadMetalKaiser
  • It's da way you move, to da killa groove.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 10:58:40 AM »

Double Helix was pretty poor in good games...
Still they did an amazing job.
Apparently guys from IG spent a week with Double Helix to learn about the engine and everything they made for the game.
To me, it looks like it is turning out WAY BETTER than expected.

Read that here:
http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/27/5551116/killer-instinct-new-developer-iron-galaxy-fulgore-release-date-xbox-one

And see the max video too:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qnbgGdOFaI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qnbgGdOFaI</a>

At first, i thougt the trailer had been rushed, the making is not as good as the spinal or orchid one, but still looks very good.

Did you see ? Fulgore's PONYTAIL is not LASER anymore, it looks like they made it real.

Dynamo

• Solid Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 05:30:33 PM »

Everyone's Reaction to fulgore <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GumdkNpqkK0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GumdkNpqkK0</a>
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 05:32:07 PM by Dynamo »

NOTLAW47

• Master Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: NOTLAW 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 07:45:26 PM »

I'm waiting for E3 and EVO2K14 there might be future announcements about KI then.
The truth,the whole truth,and
nothing but the STOMP-DOWN!!! truth.

MrTBlack

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 11:43:15 PM »

I'm waiting for E3 and EVO2K14 there might be future announcements about KI then.

There will be according to the stream. We probably won't have any season 2 news until then.

CSword123

• Basic Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Coolsword123
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2014, 02:41:44 AM »

Iron Galaxy is in a similar environment to their past instances of "trace work" because they must once again familiarize themselves with a working fighting game engine and (in this case) its netcode. The real work comes from staying consistent with the artwork and character design already established by Double Helix. This isn't much of a concern either if you factor in Ken Lobb's role as a supervisor.

Iron Galaxy has several competitive fighting game enthusiasts on board including Keits and CEO Jebailey, so their experience and application of game theory cannot be undermined.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 02:43:17 AM by CSword123 »
Pages: [1] 2

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke