Glacius Character Transformation - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Downloads
Forum

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 2421
Latest: wisyday
New This Month: 902
New This Week: 46
New Today: 46
Stats
Total Posts: 10697
Total Topics: 1434
Most Online Today: 153
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 152
Total: 152

Poll

Which Glacius is your favorite?

Killer Instinct 1 Glacius
- 6 (24%)
Killer Instinct 2 Glacius
- 0 (0%)
Killer Instinct 3 E3 Video version
- 1 (4%)
Killer Instinct 3 Final Version
- 18 (72%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Glacius Character Transformation  (Read 33042 times)

GameMasterGuy

• Monster Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: GreyMagicGamma
  • New age hero
    • View Profile
Re: Glacius Character Transformation
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2013, 03:34:14 PM »

I understand perfectly. SF's strong suit is refinement, KI's is being unique. SF is the "same" because it brings back the old stuff with improvements and rebalances, whereas to KI needs to stay fresh so it redesigns characters and adds new systems.

Exodus

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2013, 05:30:34 PM »

Am I the only one that doesn't like this so far?  They said in the video that his "suit" allows his floating and powers.  He never had a suit in the original and was just an alien.  I'm just not floored by what I see so far.

Chad

• Solid Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2013, 05:49:01 PM »

They're being fresh.. tbh i wouldn't want it to be exactly like the first KI, the way things are going I'm loving it.

DeadpoolingRiptor

• Triple Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: HeyItsDeadpool
  • Red and black, with that puzzled look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2013, 05:56:37 PM »

I love this incarnation of Glacius.

Just look how awesome he looks maaaan, so much detail and I love how he suits his stage now, older Glacius kinda' never did that IMO.

Dinder

• Basic Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2013, 06:40:27 PM »

Am I the only one that doesn't like this so far?  They said in the video that his "suit" allows his floating and powers.  He never had a suit in the original and was just an alien.  I'm just not floored by what I see so far.
I'm not digging the suit thing either, I would've just preferred that this specific glacius can jump higher and defy gravity. It's like I mentioned before this could be a glacius of a different class from their home planet. It's not too far fetched that a being that can solidify and liquify himself can also float or jump higher than the average earth being.

GameMasterGuy

• Monster Combo
  • New age hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2013, 08:19:24 PM »

Maybe, but a flying glacius might be called a Magneto (MVC) ripoff.

Dinder

• Basic Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2013, 10:39:14 PM »

Maybe, but a flying glacius might be called a Magneto (MVC) ripoff.
Well he doesn't fly he just has less gravity in his jump basically, which is a good thing. I was totally hoping the whole intro thing was just aesthetic and not part of his fighting. I guess the best comparison to give him is Dhalsim.

GameMasterGuy

• Monster Combo
  • New age hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2013, 11:06:56 PM »

I can see the resemblance and while the moves seem to work the same way on the surface, Dhalsim's fireball is more for trapping and starting combos, whereas Glacius's one (iceball?) does a significant amount of damage on its own. Likewise, Dhalsim's arm stretch is a very unsafe move and has a huge punishable hitbox, whereas Glacius's teleport punch seems to have minimal startup and has a gap between the attack's hitbox and Glacius's hitbox itself. Glacius in general is a lot safer to play as once you get into your range, but with no backwards teleport getting into that zone can be pretty tough, so he'll have to focus more on knocking the opponent down than actual damage, that way he can have time to back up into his safe spot.

Wanda maximoff

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2013, 09:39:55 AM »

i LOVE his art....

i would like to see a touch more frost on the chest and face though as per KI2...

other than that hes pretty perfect!!! i cant wait to see more!

OH ONE MORE THING... when he gets killed and falls over he shouldnt just get up onto his feat he should liquidize and reform vertically from the legs up... but like the old T2 from terminator.

i think that would be terrifying rather than looking like a drunk getting up....lol

also the balls he hits you with (ice balls) id prf if they were a bit more spiky.. and savage... they dont have to be round they could be irregular uneven and just sharp in shape??

DeadpoolingRiptor

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2013, 09:52:50 AM »

i LOVE his art....

i would like to see a touch more frost on the chest and face though as per KI2...

OH ONE MORE THING... when he gets killed and falls over he shouldnt just get up onto his feat he should liquidize and reform vertically from the legs up... but like the old T2 from terminator.

i think that would be terrifying rather than looking like a drunk getting up....lol

also the balls he hits you with (ice balls) id prf if they were a bit more spiky.. and savage... they dont have to be round they could be irregular uneven and just sharp in shape??

That getting up thing is a brilliant idea.

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2013, 09:58:00 AM »

i LOVE his art....

Thats the problem, they have changed him from an ice alien who could morph (ala T2) to an alien who is in a suit that allows him to manipulate ice. They could have made him their own without totally changing who Glacius is.

DeadpoolingRiptor

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2013, 10:20:14 AM »

I think people are not getting the point of the suit. The suit allows him to control Ice and bend it to his will. Think of it like a suit that enhances his abilities, he still has the morphing ability as you see with puddle punch but he's also able to create weapons and items at any given time due to his suit, normal Glacius couldn't do that, he had to make something outta' his own body to do so.

He's like a Soldier class of Glacius, with a suit that empowers him and he seems way more skilled in combat unlike the others.

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2013, 10:42:33 AM »

I think people are not getting the point of the suit. The suit allows him to control Ice and bend it to his will. Think of it like a suit that enhances his abilities, he still has the morphing ability as you see with puddle punch but he's also able to create weapons and items at any given time due to his suit, normal Glacius couldn't do that, he had to make something outta' his own body to do so.

He's like a Soldier class of Glacius, with a suit that empowers him and he seems way more skilled in combat unlike the others.

You have no idea what your talking about, the ice alien Glacius could do that.

DeadpoolingRiptor

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2013, 11:20:58 AM »

You have no idea what your talking about, the ice alien Glacius could do that.

No he couldn't, he was never able to make Ice weapons and projectiles, he used his own body to make weapons...

GameMasterGuy

• Monster Combo
  • New age hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2013, 11:26:44 AM »

You're right in that the weapons were made from Glacius himself, but he did have a projectile, it just worked differently.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke