Glacius Character Transformation - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Downloads
Forum

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1637
Latest: Purrity
New This Month: 213
New This Week: 52
New Today: 43
Stats
Total Posts: 10698
Total Topics: 1435
Most Online Today: 245
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 196
Total: 196

Poll

Which Glacius is your favorite?

Killer Instinct 1 Glacius
- 6 (24%)
Killer Instinct 2 Glacius
- 0 (0%)
Killer Instinct 3 E3 Video version
- 1 (4%)
Killer Instinct 3 Final Version
- 18 (72%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Glacius Character Transformation  (Read 33119 times)

Chad

• Solid Combo
    • View Profile
Re: Glacius Character Transformation
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 08:08:56 PM »

I really like how tall they've made him.

Moy

• Hyper Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 09:26:22 PM »

Having to choose from the four I'm going to go with the final approved model.
 Back in the 90's all the KI models had that body-building-macho look, even Saberwolf (like Jago) had a the remains of some shirt that ripped from his chest.
Glacius looked very human like, almost non-threatening.

The new Glacius from the recent video was a change that needed to be done. His moves and combos look really dark and scary, and this is what KI is all about.

Good job DH!

Crimzon-ET

• Training
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Crimzon-ET
  • Compassion-Respect-Understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 09:56:18 PM »

D'OH!!!
I've been calling him a terrestrial being, but he's an EXTRAterrestrial being. -.-

*facedesks*
Hey, what's up The Incubus Lord! To be honest I didn't notice. Actually now that you mention it. Maybe calling Glacius an Alien might be better.

chiefofsb

• Quad Combo
  • Continue?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 11:27:42 AM »

I'm not feeling the new character it's not Glacius at all it would of been great as another character Rare would of never done this Capcom would never do this to Ryu ASW would never do this to Sol Badguy
Ryu & Sol Badguy still look the same after all these years that's how you do it

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 11:40:43 AM »

I think they said he's wearing a suit. So maybe he still looks the same under it?  Or was he wearing a suit all along?

Chad

• Solid Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 01:44:30 PM »

Ah well, they know they can't please everyone.. Maybe they'll change their minds when they start playing xD

DeadpoolingRiptor

• Triple Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: HeyItsDeadpool
  • Red and black, with that puzzled look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 07:40:05 AM »

As much as the original was my second favorite character in the first Killer Instinct and I adored his awesome look, this new KI Glacius was jaw dropping, they made him look very creepy with his emotionless face and slow and steady movement. The height also looks great, while yes hes slim and i prefer that because big bulky Aliens don't look as threatening.

He looks deceptively fragile, but clearly is not.

Dinder

• Basic Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2013, 02:24:37 AM »

Dinder

• Basic Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 02:30:44 AM »

I'm not feeling the new character it's not Glacius at all it would of been great as another character Rare would of never done this Capcom would never do this to Ryu ASW would never do this to Sol Badguy
So you want KI to be like Street Fighter or Guilty Gear and keep the same designs til they become stale? no thanks.

I've said it a million times over at DH I'll say it again, Glacius is a group of Icy Alien beings dubbed Glacius by Ultratech. Not a single one of them were ever the same exact alien so this is no surprise to me. Besides how are you going to complain as if KI2 Glacius even looks remotely the same as KI1 Glacius, that was a pretty huge redesign imo if it can even be called that. In fact no this is not a redesign just like KI2 Glacius wasn't a redesign, I definitely betting this is a new character named Glacius just the same as before.

If that doesn't tickle your fancy DH is considering classic skins.

GameMasterGuy

• Monster Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: GreyMagicGamma
  • New age hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2013, 02:44:24 AM »

I'm somewhat hoping DH doesn't follow through with that; sure, some classic characters like Fulgore still look great, but when you take the nostalgia goggles off Cinder is nothing more than a human shaped orange and yellow blob.

Dinder

• Basic Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 02:51:43 AM »

I'm somewhat hoping DH doesn't follow through with that; sure, some classic characters like Fulgore still look great, but when you take the nostalgia goggles off Cinder is nothing more than a human shaped orange and yellow blob.
It kind of makes me wonder what they'll do with his new design. I think classic skins should be in though, it wouldn't hurt ultimately and it'd quiet a least majority of the whining over at DH.

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 08:39:28 AM »

I agree with you, you dont go making such drastic changes like this, from a morphing ice alien to an alien in an ice suit that really doesnt resemble Glacius.

chiefofsb

• Quad Combo
  • Continue?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 12:05:20 PM »

So you want KI to be like Street Fighter or Guilty Gear and keep the same designs til they become stale? no thanks.

I've said it a million times over at DH I'll say it again, Glacius is a group of Icy Alien beings dubbed Glacius by Ultratech. Not a single one of them were ever the same exact alien so this is no surprise to me. Besides how are you going to complain as if KI2 Glacius even looks remotely the same as KI1 Glacius, that was a pretty huge redesign imo if it can even be called that. In fact no this is not a redesign just like KI2 Glacius wasn't a redesign, I definitely betting this is a new character named Glacius just the same as before.

Yes keep the same designs like SF & GG and thats why there still popular i haven't heard the word stale and those games connected yet SF is still the #1 fighting game in the world with those same designs and i have seen more hype and talk about the new GG than the new KI with it's still same designs and only showed 2 characters and no release date the fighting games with stale designs died back in the 90's bro

Dinder

• Basic Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 03:06:36 PM »

Yes keep the same designs like SF & GG and thats why there still popular i haven't heard the word stale and those games connected yet SF is still the #1 fighting game in the world with those same designs and i have seen more hype and talk about the new GG than the new KI with it's still same designs and only showed 2 characters and no release date the fighting games with stale designs died back in the 90's bro
Yeah, those series have also had plenty of games and grew over time, KI hasn't had any of that and you're still missing the point. You're complaining about the most changed character in KI. Look at how different KI2 Glacius is to KI1 glacius, it's not as drastic as current Glacius but it's a bigger change than anyone else in the games got. This is a game that changed designs in the 2nd game, so what's the complaint really? You talk about keeping it the same but what design do they take after then? KI1 or KI2? Some people like KI1 Glacius much better than they do KI2 Glacius so which one is more iconic to him? My answer, neither because they're not the same character, they share the same name and a couple of moves and that's it. How am I even explaining the differences between the two to a Glacius fan?

Moy

• Hyper Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 03:25:10 PM »

I have to disagree.

KI was popular and successful because it's uniqueness.
Back in the older days Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat were the
top fighting games in the arcades.
Once Killer Instinct was introduced I remember how much of an impact it had. The old KI was the best fighting game and it's still is
In my opinion because it brought something different to the table.

If you want KI successful again you have to find out what has changed over the years in fighting games. Remember when a game is made it has to appeal to everyone not just the old fans from the 90's.
In my opinion the hardest decision would be to completely re-design the characters because of the serious fan base that it achieved. A perfect example is how Michael Bay had the balls to change how Transformers look forever.

Remember, KI hasn't been around for a really long time, almost 20 years!
So how do you bring a new KI that has a good chance to attract a lot of fighting gamers? You keep the same ingredients that made tbe old KI such a great game, you keep some old characters, the whole "feel" of the game has to be there, improve the characters overall look but not changing what made each character unique.

I prob. typed way too much here but do you get my drift? Street Fighter and MK are great games and it's once again time to put those games to sleep, KI is back!!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 03:29:54 PM by Moy »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke