Buy Now
Help! Experiencing a new problem with KI - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Killer Instinct (Arc)
Killer Instinct 2
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Forum

Recent News

02/06/17: Sneak Peak At Ultimates for Killer Instinct

10/30/16: Get the Killer Instinct Season 3 Soundtrack here.

07/20/16: Pre-order Killer Instinct Definitive Edition here!

07/17/16: The Killer Instinct Definitive Edition is coming Sept 20th!

News Archive

Killer Instinct TV

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1325
Latest: RudolphVah
New This Month: 48
New This Week: 48
New Today: 14
Stats
Total Posts: 10662
Total Topics: 1420
Most Online Today: 117
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 50
Total: 50

Author Topic: Help! Experiencing a new problem with KI  (Read 16763 times)

MrTBlack

Help! Experiencing a new problem with KI
« on: February 21, 2014, 03:42:12 AM »

So I have been playing Ki yesterday and all of the sudden the screen fades and I can barely see what I'm doing. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so, how do you solve it?

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Experiencing a new problem with KI
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 07:56:03 AM »

Never, what troubleshooting have you done?

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 08:55:35 AM »

Its not just you.  It's actually a problem with the newest Xbox One update.  This happened to me twice yesterday when playing Battlefield 4 and KI.  It went totally black for me, the only fix right now is to old the xbox button for 10 seconds to fully reboot.  I just unplugged my console and it "fixes" it temporarily.  I'm guessing an update will be coming soon.

Here's a story from Gamespot.com about the issue:
"The latest Xbox One update, which brought a host of new functionality to the system, has not gone off without a hitch. Gamers on Reddit and on the official Xbox forums have noted their frustration with a new issue that makes the screen go black after the system powers on.

Thankfully, however, Microsoft is aware of the issue and a workaround is already available. The official Xbox Support Twitter channel says you need only "power cycle" your Xbox One by holding the power button for 10 seconds to fix the issue. Simple enough.

Unfortunately for some users, the Xbox One "black screen" issue interrupted their Titanfall beta gameplay sessions. Though it's a headache and an inconvenience, the issue does not appear to be very widespread or significantly damaging, so you can rest easy and continue playing Titanfall until the beta ends tomorrow, February 19.

The February Xbox One update rolled out on Friday, February 15. It added a battery power indication and USB keyboard support, while also improving storage space management. The next major Xbox One update will arrive in March, a week ahead of the Titanfall launch."
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 11:16:37 AM by CXK »

MrTBlack

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 04:50:27 PM »

I'm assuming the screen is supposed to fade to black when people haven't been playing it. I've been doing what you told me as a temp fix. Just better hope it doesn't happen often during ranked matches.

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 05:23:35 PM »

I'm assuming the screen is supposed to fade to black when people haven't been playing it. I've been doing what you told me as a temp fix. Just better hope it doesn't happen often during ranked matches.
I got an invite from Xbox to get the next update early so I hope they're fixing it in that patch.

MrTBlack

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 08:39:31 PM »

I got an invite from Xbox to get the next update early so I hope they're fixing it in that patch.

Yeah it probably is. It's only supposed to fade black when the person isn't moving the controller.

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 09:33:41 PM »

Yeah it probably is. It's only supposed to fade black when the person isn't moving the controller.
My screen went completely black. It happened when I'd hit the guide button.

PROOF

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 12:40:41 AM »

ive had this too a couple of time before.. i hope they fixed with new patch
gtfo

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 08:10:34 AM »

I got that invite last night as well, went to load the app and all it does is sit at loading....

MrTBlack

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 02:26:41 PM »

Does anyone have any new news on this? This is still happening and Microsofts done nothing about it.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke