Buy Now
I Finally Pulled a 142 Hit Quad Ultra With Orchid - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Killer Instinct (Arc)
Killer Instinct 2
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Forum

Recent News

02/06/17: Sneak Peak At Ultimates for Killer Instinct

10/30/16: Get the Killer Instinct Season 3 Soundtrack here.

07/20/16: Pre-order Killer Instinct Definitive Edition here!

07/17/16: The Killer Instinct Definitive Edition is coming Sept 20th!

News Archive

Killer Instinct TV

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1403
Latest: viemillunulty
New This Month: 126
New This Week: 17
New Today: 15
Stats
Total Posts: 10662
Total Topics: 1420
Most Online Today: 90
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 64
Total: 64

Author Topic: I Finally Pulled a 142 Hit Quad Ultra With Orchid  (Read 2709 times)

Ghostnasty

• Basic Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: TGF OoKAMI
    • View Profile
I Finally Pulled a 142 Hit Quad Ultra With Orchid
« on: February 04, 2014, 02:37:59 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnGNWC4JjV4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnGNWC4JjV4</a>

Shadow and Instinct meter set to normal

Finally after trial and error i figured out how to do a quad ultra with Orchid this is not as easy as everyone that does it make it look,i also will keep practicing to see if i can pull of the 200 hit ultra like others have done.

CMC888

• Solid Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: CMC888 KI4Life
  • KI 4 Life
    • View Profile
Re: I Finally Pulled a 142 Hit Quad Ultra With Orchid
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 03:03:24 PM »

Just so u know, the timing of the ultra ender plus firecat has been made easier after the Spinal patch. Before the patch u were required to hit them both at the same time, after the patch u need to hit them after each other which gives u a bigger window to hit it.

If u ever need help with this feel free to ask. Doing Orchid's 200+ ultra's is the most fun I had with KI since it's launch.
Coz once you've played KI, you're KI 4 Lifeeee

KI 4 Life shirt? PM me
GT: CMC888 KI4Life
Facebook: KI 4 Life

Ghostnasty

• Basic Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 03:24:51 PM »

even with the patch is not that easy tough lol i was on KI last nite for 3 hours just trying to figure out how in the world you guys could keep hitting firecat without making the combo meter raise so high so i figured out that the instinct firecat does 30 percent while the ultra cancel does 50 percent so you have to time it just rite were they kind of hit at the same time so the game thinks instinct firecat hits first allowing you to hit more ultras its really a great find by you all and let me tell you what it feels so good when you are doing it cause getting the timing just rite and knowing you are kind of glitching the game to keep adding these ultras,also feels like when you successfully do this you know you have improved a lot on your techniques,to be honest this is what KI is all about i remember when i was young going to the arcades and trying to learn long glitch combos from watching the bigger kids do it and i would lose so much money at the arcades trying and trying but i learned a lot and i am also good at the arcade versions this is what made me love KI back in the day so much is that most of the combos you really manually inputing all these buttons to make the combo happen appose to others like marvel vs capcom were you activate a super move and hit 40 times and this is why KI is top dog for me i love it,all you guys should try and practice the orchid triple and up ultras feels great getting it to work.

P.S. Now if we can just figure out how to do triple ultras and more with other characters that would be ridiculously nice i have been trying to play around with no luck with all characters but i know there's a way and the only ones that know it is Double Helix and they put it out there for us to find just like Orchid's
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:28:48 PM by Ghostnasty »

CMC888

• Solid Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: CMC888 KI4Life
  • KI 4 Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 02:53:55 AM »

even with the patch is not that easy tough lol i was on KI last nite for 3 hours just trying to figure out how in the world you guys could keep hitting firecat without making the combo meter raise so high so i figured out that the instinct firecat does 30 percent while the ultra cancel does 50 percent so you have to time it just rite were they kind of hit at the same time so the game thinks instinct firecat hits first allowing you to hit more ultras its really a great find by you all and let me tell you what it feels so good when you are doing it cause getting the timing just rite and knowing you are kind of glitching the game to keep adding these ultras,also feels like when you successfully do this you know you have improved a lot on your techniques,to be honest this is what KI is all about i remember when i was young going to the arcades and trying to learn long glitch combos from watching the bigger kids do it and i would lose so much money at the arcades trying and trying but i learned a lot and i am also good at the arcade versions this is what made me love KI back in the day so much is that most of the combos you really manually inputing all these buttons to make the combo happen appose to others like marvel vs capcom were you activate a super move and hit 40 times and this is why KI is top dog for me i love it,all you guys should try and practice the orchid triple and up ultras feels great getting it to work.

P.S. Now if we can just figure out how to do triple ultras and more with other characters that would be ridiculously nice i have been trying to play around with no luck with all characters but i know there's a way and the only ones that know it is Double Helix and they put it out there for us to find just like Orchid's

U hit the nail on the coffon. I agree with u 100%, this is what made KI great back in the day and to me is the essence of KI, not being the greatest tournament player or getting the highes ranking, but to do the highest combo's and get to the top of the leaderboard. I have spend weeks training the timing of Orchid's ultra and even now I cant hit the 6 ultra's every time, with the patch I need to get the timing right again, coz I had the timing right when the ultra ender/firecat needed to hit simultaniously, no I need to time it a little bit later. Even with the timing of this part right the challenge doesnt stop here. The WR 213 is insanely difficult. Here is my personal best, with 2 hits less at the beginning so technically this would be 212.

If u have any questions on different parts of this combo let me know. Nice to see someone who shares the same passion and has the same dedication to try and learn this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb8x958O644
Coz once you've played KI, you're KI 4 Lifeeee

KI 4 Life shirt? PM me
GT: CMC888 KI4Life
Facebook: KI 4 Life

Ghostnasty

• Basic Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 03:26:07 PM »

I am working on figuring out how to time rite the instinct firecat after the ultra firecat so i can reset it like you do im having trouble with that but i am not giving up lol i think we can hit like 216 i know it.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke