Breaker Tips PLEASE - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Downloads
Forum

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 2259
Latest: margretav16
New This Month: 893
New This Week: 42
New Today: 42
Stats
Total Posts: 10693
Total Topics: 1433
Most Online Today: 78
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 42
Total: 42

Author Topic: Breaker Tips PLEASE  (Read 3929 times)

Mudarcade

• Hyper Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Mud360elite
  • Muds Arcade
    • View Profile
Breaker Tips PLEASE
« on: January 08, 2014, 10:03:43 PM »

I have been online on the new KI a lot and i enjoy it quite a bit.  I get a bit frustrated when 99.9% of the platers i play are JAGO, JAGO, JAGO and JAGO.  I am so tired of seeing Jago my eyes bleed.  It is inevitable that he is a constant opponent. but i do have an issue when i play him.  I cant seem to break his combos very much.  I know what his heavy, medium and lights look like, but my breakers work maybe 25% of the time.  Anyone care to help me out?

GameMasterGuy

• Monster Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: GreyMagicGamma
  • New age hero
    • View Profile
Re: Breaker Tips PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 03:41:40 PM »

A ! should appear above your head if you break wrong; it's red if you used the wrong strength and orange if you used the wrong timing.

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 08:48:34 PM »

A ! should appear above your head if you break wrong; it's red if you used the wrong strength and orange if you used the wrong timing.

Am I the only one who misses the classic breaker system?  I guess the new one is nice because you don't have to memorize a button combo for each character.

GameMasterGuy

• Monster Combo
  • New age hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 10:29:25 PM »

It was what ruined it for me back in KI1 after a while. I miss the inputs too, but no lockout meant people just mashed breakers.

MrTBlack

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 11:21:37 PM »

It's basically a guessing game however, I would watch and time closely. How quick are his moves and then initiate with correct timing.

Mudarcade

• Hyper Combo
  • Muds Arcade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 03:59:28 PM »

Thank you! I totally did not notice the colors.  I only thought you had to match the right strength of the hit.   I can break certain combos and I know light to light mid to mid and strong to strong, but most the time I get the "lockout" I have been through 12+ Dojo training missions, but can't get the breakers down.  I know that you get a penalty if you miss the break and get whooped on for another 3 seconds.  I guess I'll have to work on my timing because for the most part I can identify the strength of the move, but not the timing.  How long to I have to wait to do the breaker? Let's say the player does the Orchid slide and uses the mid attack. How long do I have to wait to attempt to break it?

Street02

• Triple Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Street02
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 06:21:56 PM »

The very earliest is during the animation or first frames of the 2nd hit of a combo... This is where it gets tricky bc you can't break between animations, so different characters start-ups are harder to read. Example: My friend has learned he can instantly break my jago's MK jump kick combo bc i usually press another MK right after to "start" the combo. Even before the animation visually starts, the input is already there, and the first frame is unfolding, he can still break.

As for regular breakers, I usually try to break auto-doubles bc those are based on distinct visual clues that you can try to remember.
Also don't forget, you can break ANY ender that comes after an opener. So if someone gets anxious and tries to end their shadow move they just started with, boom, instant break.
Also, some shadow moves are pretty easy to break once you get the timing. You have to press MK+MP 3/5 hits of the shadow to break it though.
"Trust Your Instinct."
Fighting game Veteran
Epic Gaming Video Producer
Max Combo: 160 (Jago)

Mudarcade

• Hyper Combo
  • Muds Arcade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 01:06:34 AM »

Awesome! Thanks for the tips! I have been trying harder, but My timing is off. Practice practice.

Anomalous

• Training
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: XxSluggxX
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 06:49:10 AM »

I hate it. I like the old system better. Don't understand why they had to change it. Not digging the pauses in animation either. All in all I like the game but some of the design decisions I'm not a fan of. Also you can be a button masher and play this game.. Try it. Just hit random patterns after an opener and see what happens.

DenyThisFlesh

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 04:55:25 PM »

I hate it. I like the old system better. Don't understand why they had to change it. Not digging the pauses in animation either. All in all I like the game but some of the design decisions I'm not a fan of. Also you can be a button masher and play this game.. Try it. Just hit random patterns after an opener and see what happens.

Sure, you can get some combos by mashing buttons, but you won't be doing anything worthwhile. You have to know what you're doing to get high damage combos. Any half decent player will destroy someone that just mashes buttons.

As for breakers, go into practice. Change the dummy setting to record. You'll take control of the other character. Have them do some autodoubles, then change the dummy setting to playback. The dummy character will now do what you just told it to do over and over. Learn the timing. Heavy amd medium doubles give you a good amount of time to react. Lights are tougher. You kind of have to be expecting them to break in time.

GameMasterGuy

• Monster Combo
  • New age hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 05:03:09 PM »

You'll be hit by a counter breaker after the first time you try that and lose 50-70% of your health depending on who you're up against.

MrTBlack

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 02:23:56 AM »

Just out of curiosity, if the orange appears does it mean you used the correct strength %100 or could you have timed it wrong and used the
Wrong strength of the combo breaker?

GameMasterGuy

• Monster Combo
  • New age hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 06:31:50 AM »

Yup, it always means "right strength, wrong timing", but sometimes if you get the timing way off red can also mean that. Orange is always accurate though.

MrTBlack

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2014, 01:57:56 PM »

I should request to double helix for a 3rd ! When your timing and strength is wrong. Green! Lol. Then it would be the same color as stop lights!

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke