Buy Now
What kind of original character would you like to see? - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Killer Instinct (Arc)
Killer Instinct 2
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Forum

Recent News

02/06/17: Sneak Peak At Ultimates for Killer Instinct

10/30/16: Get the Killer Instinct Season 3 Soundtrack here.

07/20/16: Pre-order Killer Instinct Definitive Edition here!

07/17/16: The Killer Instinct Definitive Edition is coming Sept 20th!

News Archive

Killer Instinct TV

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1468
Latest: tapedDic
New This Month: 191
New This Week: 80
New Today: 9
Stats
Total Posts: 10662
Total Topics: 1420
Most Online Today: 126
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 95
Total: 95
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: What kind of original character would you like to see?  (Read 21376 times)

Darththork99

• Extreme Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Quilava Slave
  • Born once, Die twice. Born twice, die once.
    • View Profile
What kind of original character would you like to see?
« on: December 27, 2013, 11:14:12 PM »

Double Helix has proven that new characters can work very well with the rest of the classic cast. Sadira is only the first of their creations. What kind of new character would you like to see Double Helix create?

Me personally, I would like to see sort of a skinhead/neo-nazi in the cast within the Grappling archetype. Using attacks that do damage over time, like bleeding after getting grabbed and cut with a knife. I wouldn't want him to be the only White Male in the game though. Really doesn't provide much of a good message.

So what about the rest of you? Any ideas/wishes?
KI2013
Combo record:
Glacius: 98 hit Ultra
Thunder: 128 hit Ultra
Sadira: 80 hit Ultra
Orchid: 89 hit Ultra
Spinal: --
Fulgore: --

MrTBlack

Re: What kind of original character would you like to see?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 11:49:00 PM »

I want a character from the 18th century such as an american soldier. That's an archetype that hasn't been done often in fighting games. A soldier in general could also be done. A kick boxer (muay thai) is also a good one.

Idunno

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 10:08:12 PM »

I want Combo back.

MrTBlack

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 11:21:13 PM »

I want Combo back.

You didn't listen. He said that what new kind of character would you like in the game?

Double Helix has proven that new characters can work very well with the rest of the classic cast. Sadira is only the first of their creations. What kind of new character would you like to see Double Helix create?

Me personally, I would like to see sort of a skinhead/neo-nazi in the cast within the Grappling archetype. Using attacks that do damage over time, like bleeding after getting grabbed and cut with a knife. I wouldn't want him to be the only White Male in the game though. Really doesn't provide much of a good message.

Assuming Tusk and the rest of the ki2 roster returns, you archetype won't be.

Darththork99

• Extreme Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 12:39:07 AM »

I want Combo back.

You didn't listen. He said that what new kind of character would you like in the game?

I archetype wont be? You mean the whole white guy thing right?
KI2013
Combo record:

Masterblizak

• Triple Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: juggsgotcha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 10:56:11 AM »

Funny, I didn't even mention what controls weren't working...I've been putting in the "dragon punch" controls for like 20+ years. I know what the motions are. For some reason the controller doesn't like them. I also have found a string of people that must be shutting their system off to avoid losing because I can hammer on people and just about the point that they die their connection gets lost resulting in no win for me...There should be a way for me to still get that win.

Darththork99

• Extreme Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 11:26:50 AM »

Funny, I didn't even mention what controls weren't working...I've been putting in the "dragon punch" controls for like 20+ years. I know what the motions are. For some reason the controller doesn't like them. I also have found a string of people that must be shutting their system off to avoid losing because I can hammer on people and just about the point that they die their connection gets lost resulting in no win for me...There should be a way for me to still get that win.

I think you may have posted that in the wrong place.
KI2013
Combo record:

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 11:32:04 AM »

lol Im with Darth, I think you put this in the wrong post on accident. While its here though that's one reason I haven't jumped into ranked yet, no punishment for rage quitters.

mc3dragon

• Solid Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: mc3dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 01:15:19 AM »

I don't like Nazis.  But I do like the rest of the idea. 

Darththork99

• Extreme Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 01:48:27 AM »

I don't like Nazis.  But I do like the rest of the idea.

It's not too often you see them in media. Neo anyways. Regular Nazis... All the time.
KI2013
Combo record:

killerinstinctfan1994

• Master Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 07:48:06 AM »

Did a couple of sketches. Maybe a female Ultratech worker .. secretary, soldier, etc. Who'd be rushdown and could act as a counterpart for Orchid. And then a young, black sorcerer in-training who'd act as a zoner.
T.J.C.

PROOF

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 08:35:39 PM »

tj combo rocky look all american shorts and gloves hes prolly gonna be my main and also cinder fulgore and riptor
gtfo

MrTBlack

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 09:29:44 PM »

I want Combo back.

Yeah that's what I meant. I really think all the new characters should be humanoid itself because most fighting games only have 1 mutant character and or robot unlike ki which has several.

Darththork99

• Extreme Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 10:46:30 PM »

I want Combo back.

Yeah that's what I meant. I really think all the new characters should be humanoid itself because most fighting games only have 1 mutant character and or robot unlike ki which has several.

Maybe. But you can only be so original when it comes to people/humanoids. "Monster" characters can get pretty original.
KI2013
Combo record:

MrTBlack

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 11:02:39 PM »

Yeah your right. And the most appreciated ki characters seem to be the monster and superhuman ones. I felt the only appreciated character in ki2 was Gargos and maybe Tusk and he's a monster! Lol.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke