Buy Now
It's been a month, have your feelings about KI changed? - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Killer Instinct (Arc)
Killer Instinct 2
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Forum

Recent News

02/06/17: Sneak Peak At Ultimates for Killer Instinct

10/30/16: Get the Killer Instinct Season 3 Soundtrack here.

07/20/16: Pre-order Killer Instinct Definitive Edition here!

07/17/16: The Killer Instinct Definitive Edition is coming Sept 20th!

News Archive

Killer Instinct TV

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1468
Latest: tapedDic
New This Month: 191
New This Week: 80
New Today: 9
Stats
Total Posts: 10662
Total Topics: 1420
Most Online Today: 126
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 89
Total: 89
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: It's been a month, have your feelings about KI changed?  (Read 36166 times)

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
It's been a month, have your feelings about KI changed?
« on: December 22, 2013, 06:26:17 PM »

I'm curious to hear what everyone is doing with the new Killer Instinct.  Still enjoying it?  Moved on until more content comes?  Leave your thoughts and comments.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 06:27:54 PM by CXK »

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
Re: It's been a month, have your feelings about KI changed?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 06:35:15 PM »

I'll start with my comments.

When I first started, I was awful.  I was worried I'd never be able to get the hang of the controller and the new game.  Now I'm decent at the game and can pull off some long combos.  I've realized that I need a story mode to learn to be more competitive.  Survival is fine, but it's not keeping my interest.  The characters don't seem to get tougher as I go through.  Early on I found myself playing Classic KI more, I'm just so in love with that game I can't ever see myself getting board of it.  Lately I'm finding myself in the new KI's practice mode just going at it trying to get high combos perfected. That seems to be the most fun for me.  Once I get a nice 100+ Ultra pulled off I feel cocky and go to the exhibition mode.  I find a noob (like myself rank wise), we get into battle and I quickly realize I'm just not good at playing against real players.  Even these guys who aren't very good beat me.  I think I take the approach of waiting for an opening to start a nice combo more than fight like its Mortal Kombat.  Maybe I'll improve, but I get the feeling that fighting online isn't for me.  There is always someone to beat me.

Ghostnasty

• Basic Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: TGF OoKAMI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 06:38:58 PM »

I think is still redicules good port they did a great job bringing back this,i been just practicing playing withevery character im nice with all already excluding sadira i still need to practice with her,however im still waiting on the dlc we really need story and arcade mode bad its a litle to long to wait till march for it but is ok better sure than nothing,really eager t see the new classic skins and spinal fulgore and there new stages it will bring more joy to the expirience.

BrutalBman

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 08:26:46 PM »

It's really awesome, but I just want them to release all the characters already! I can't wait for a full roster! Also, I agree that a story mode will be very nice :)

ZetaKnight

• Basic Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: SUGx ZetaKnight
  • Puddle Punch sounds like a Lv. 5 Squirtle move!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 01:23:13 AM »

I love the game, they talked about the story mode just being like arcade mode which in my opinion is only a glorified survival with a boss battle and end cutscene. But to answer your question, I still play the game a lot. Ive honestly never played fighting games and only played KI on a gameboy and that's when I got hyped when on xbox 360 i heard Microsoft got rare. My friend and was hoping Microsoft would bring KI to the live arcade but instead did something way better. When I first started playing KI on Xbox One I was lucky if I could beat a Bot on medium. But I kept playing and kept practicing and now I'm a level 5 trial horse. I'm proud of it because I know it's difficult to rank up in this game. The only people I've seen at level 9 or higher are the really good players like Maximillian and XplicitMind. And the only way to get better CXK is to play other human players. Bot will get predictable. They start a combo and instantly instinct cancel then burn all shadow moves at unethical times like when you're already dead. Lol. I guess what I'm trying to say is, this game is awesome. And even with what little is out right now I don't see myself putting it down anytime soon. If you want to play CXK just hit me up. I just hope all the DLC for this game doesn't come out so far after release that a lot of people will have already quit playing. I hate games that do that. I'm no pro but if anybody wants to play then add me. I'm always up for some friendly matches. The only way to better oneself is through online battles. SUGx ZetaKnight.
Highest Ultra Combo - KI2013

Sabrewolf  -- 112
Jago          -- 108
Glacius      -- 105
Orchid       -- ___
Sadira       -- 89
Thunder    -- 117
Spinal       -- ___
Fulgore     -- ___

MrTBlack

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 05:45:52 AM »

I enjoy it however, I'm definitely not completely addicted to it like I was when I first played it. I do think that it's a work in progress so, it's gonna be a lot better with more characters, dojo modes, and arcade
mode for sure!

JAY

• Training
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Ji Vin 209
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 12:41:47 PM »

I'm totally in love with that newest Killer Instinct ! !   Just yeah I need an arcade mode with a final boss please ! !

Then . .  HOW DO YOU DO TO MAKE A MULTIPLE ULTRAAA ? ? ? ? ? ? 

Thank you !   ;D

ZetaKnight

• Basic Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: SUGx ZetaKnight
  • Puddle Punch sounds like a Lv. 5 Squirtle move!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 02:04:11 PM »

from what I've read and seen every character can do 2 ultras as long as they Instinct cancel. The only character that can do more than two is orchid because apparently as Vesper Arcade said it is a glitch with her ultra ender. Don't hold me to that but that's what I believe!
Highest Ultra Combo - KI2013

Sabrewolf  -- 112
Jago          -- 108
Glacius      -- 105
Orchid       -- ___
Sadira       -- 89
Thunder    -- 117
Spinal       -- ___
Fulgore     -- ___

Jaybonaut

• Training
  • Be Less Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 03:50:42 PM »

When I first started, I was awful.  I was worried I'd never be able to get the hang of the controller and the new game.  Now I'm decent at the game and can pull off some long combos.  I've realized that I need a story mode to learn to be more competitive.  Survival is fine, but it's not keeping my interest.  The characters don't seem to get tougher as I go through.  Early on I found myself playing Classic KI more, I'm just so in love with that game I can't ever see myself getting board of it.  Lately I'm finding myself in the new KI's practice mode just going at it trying to get high combos perfected. That seems to be the most fun for me.  Once I get a nice 100+ Ultra pulled off I feel cocky and go to the exhibition mode.  I find a noob (like myself rank wise), we get into battle and I quickly realize I'm just not good at playing against real players.  Even these guys who aren't very good beat me.  I think I take the approach of waiting for an opening to start a nice combo more than fight like its Mortal Kombat.  Maybe I'll improve, but I get the feeling that fighting online isn't for me.  There is always someone to beat me.

Odd, that means what you really fell in love with is your ability to beat the old computer AI from KI1, with predictable pattern behavior, kinda like how someone would play the Punch Out series.  That's kind of an eye opener eh?  The nostalgia and excitement for the new KI was all about beating the computer and not playing someone like we used to at the arcades?

GameMasterGuy

• Monster Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: GreyMagicGamma
  • New age hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 05:32:38 PM »

from what I've read and seen every character can do 2 ultras as long as they Instinct cancel. The only character that can do more than two is orchid because apparently as Vesper Arcade said it is a glitch with her ultra ender. Don't hold me to that but that's what I believe!
She can do it because of her cat cancel. She uses it to cancel one Ultra and her instinct mode itself to cancel another.

bxmoneymaka517

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 08:35:07 PM »

I waited so long for this moment of KI can't wait until more releases can some one tell me if TJ combo is comeing back and thunders brother or raptor the game is so HOT can't wait until spinal comes and show us what he got and he's ultra combo and game play
Thanks KI for doing a great job....

XYL

• Basic Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 05:42:05 AM »

Still waiting for microsoft to realese xbox one in my country... Sigh...the only good news is that when it comes I will get to play all season one charecters

GameMasterGuy

• Monster Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: GreyMagicGamma
  • New age hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2013, 12:31:20 PM »

I waited so long for this moment of KI can't wait until more releases can some one tell me if TJ combo is comeing back and thunders brother or raptor the game is so HOT can't wait until spinal comes and show us what he got and he's ultra combo and game play
Thanks KI for doing a great job....
If I had a dollar every time someone called Riptor Raptor...

fowltief

• Triple Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: fowltief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2013, 03:13:55 PM »

Odd, that means what you really fell in love with is your ability to beat the old computer AI from KI1, with predictable pattern behavior, kinda like how someone would play the Punch Out series.  That's kind of an eye opener eh?  The nostalgia and excitement for the new KI was all about beating the computer and not playing someone like we used to at the arcades?

KI was also on SNES and Gameboy.. not everyone will get their nostalgia from the arcade...

NOTLAW47

• Master Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: NOTLAW 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2013, 07:07:38 PM »

I play KI but I'm into COD ghost a lot.I'm also in the process of moding my fightstick replacing the sanwa balltop a custom ALU series GOLD battop.
The truth,the whole truth,and
nothing but the STOMP-DOWN!!! truth.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke