Buy Now
Netcode syncing issues?? - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Killer Instinct (Arc)
Killer Instinct 2
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Forum

Recent News

02/06/17: Sneak Peak At Ultimates for Killer Instinct

10/30/16: Get the Killer Instinct Season 3 Soundtrack here.

07/20/16: Pre-order Killer Instinct Definitive Edition here!

07/17/16: The Killer Instinct Definitive Edition is coming Sept 20th!

News Archive

Killer Instinct TV

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1346
Latest: Michaelanisy
New This Month: 69
New This Week: 66
New Today: 21
Stats
Total Posts: 10662
Total Topics: 1420
Most Online Today: 118
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 57
Total: 57

Author Topic: Netcode syncing issues??  (Read 24119 times)

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
Netcode syncing issues??
« on: December 02, 2013, 12:55:12 PM »

This is interesting. No answer for this yet but it has me curious.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkMw3G18C4E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkMw3G18C4E</a>

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
    • View Profile
Re: Netcode syncing issues??
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 02:19:43 PM »

Mike just replied to me, they are looking into it.

Mousacre

• Basic Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Mousacre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 08:10:12 AM »

Lol this blows my mind.

It's two completely different games going on at once... been online playing games since the birth of the internet and I can't ever recall seeing this sort of issue before.

The tech geek side of me wants to know how this is even possible and what the cause is lol

GameMasterGuy

• Monster Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: GreyMagicGamma
  • New age hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 08:48:27 AM »

Lol this blows my mind.

It's two completely different games going on at once... been online playing games since the birth of the internet and I can't ever recall seeing this sort of issue before.

The tech geek side of me wants to know how this is even possible and what the cause is lol
After a desync, both players try doing moves based on what they're having going on in their games, which depending on the distance and situation of the other game, likely won't make any sense.

Mousacre

• Basic Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 11:36:31 AM »

Lol this blows my mind.

After a desync, both players try doing moves based on what they're having going on in their games, which depending on the distance and situation of the other game, likely won't make any sense.

Oh okay, that makes sense. That to me is still crazy because typically in games if there's any sort of de-sync issue, it'll either freeze the game up or just be like a slideshow. I remember a few games there'd be opponents where I believe their internet was being hosted on a potato of sorts, resulting in a PowerPoint presentation-style experience for two rounds lol.

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 11:40:46 AM »

Lol this blows my mind.

Oh okay, that makes sense. That to me is still crazy because typically in games if there's any sort of de-sync issue, it'll either freeze the game up or just be like a slideshow. I remember a few games there'd be opponents where I believe their internet was being hosted on a potato of sorts, resulting in a PowerPoint presentation-style experience for two rounds lol.

yea this is one of the worse case instances but the concern is that this is a rare occurrence and not more common place right now.

Mousacre

• Basic Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 01:36:28 PM »

For sure, I guess a patch is on it's way... hopefully hah

Kuromadoshi

• Training
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Kuromad0shi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 08:54:16 PM »

I've actually had this happen in an exhibition game.  Some dude playing Jago beat me and then I re-matched him and had him into his second life bar with me in the 1st.  All of a sudden it said opponent has left the lobby.  So I queued up for another match.  The guy messaged me and wanted to know, why a F2P Jago player got a supreme victory on a paying player (I was Sadira).  My reply was more like, why did you rage quit when I had you into the second health bar.  He said I ultra'ed you and won, go watch your playback.  I then realized we desynched and I replied to him and said I think this is a misunderstanding and the game desycnhed on us.  You left the game on my screen and you won on yours.  Neither of us did anything wrong.

ZetaKnight

• Basic Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: SUGx ZetaKnight
  • Puddle Punch sounds like a Lv. 5 Squirtle move!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 09:29:51 PM »

I can't play KI anymore right now. The problem I'm having is when I load the game it checks for downloadable content but gets stuck there and checks... and checks... and checks. I let it sit for 20 minutes and it won't proceed to the menu. Ive rebooted the game multiple times and even the Xbox. I thought about just reinstalling KI but I'm afraid I might lose all my banked KP and progress, seeing as though that's an issue Ive seen players have also. Any ideas? Maybe it's a cache issue with the xbox and I should clear the cache?
Highest Ultra Combo - KI2013

Sabrewolf  -- 112
Jago          -- 108
Glacius      -- 105
Orchid       -- ___
Sadira       -- 89
Thunder    -- 117
Spinal       -- ___
Fulgore     -- ___

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 10:16:32 PM »

I can't play KI anymore right now. The problem I'm having is when I load the game it checks for downloadable content but gets stuck there and checks... and checks... and checks. I let it sit for 20 minutes and it won't proceed to the menu. Ive rebooted the game multiple times and even the Xbox. I thought about just reinstalling KI but I'm afraid I might lose all my banked KP and progress, seeing as though that's an issue Ive seen players have also. Any ideas? Maybe it's a cache issue with the xbox and I should clear the cache?

I just read on twitter there is an issue loading KI (not sure if its for all) and they are looking into it.

Bad Monk

• Noob
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Bad Monk78
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 09:32:52 AM »

Lol this blows my mind.

yea this is one of the worse case instances but the concern is that this is a rare occurrence and not more common place right now.
I wouldn't call this rare(no pun) seems to be happening pretty often. I bet the majority of rage quits are really net code issues. Check out my vid and my opponents vid on this thread. http://www.doublehelixgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/xbox-live-rage-quitter-list.5191/page-9#post-105638

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 12:52:09 PM »

yea it seems to be popping up more frequently now that people know what they are looking for. Hopefully they find a good solution for this.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke