My Noobtastic Shadow Jago in Action :D - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Downloads
Forum

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1343
Latest: Robertcef
New This Month: 50
New This Week: 43
New Today: 6
Stats
Total Posts: 10683
Total Topics: 1429
Most Online Today: 168
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 119
Total: 119

Author Topic: My Noobtastic Shadow Jago in Action :D  (Read 3450 times)

Mousacre

• Basic Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Mousacre
    • View Profile
My Noobtastic Shadow Jago in Action :D
« on: November 30, 2013, 12:08:43 PM »

So after temporarily abandoning Sabrewulf (Love 'em to death but his DMG output for some reason isn't ticking my coin purse... I completely understand that it might be my amateur level of play right now but I figured let's try someone else out for the time being) I switched to Shadow Jago, pretty much because I think he looks bad ass and I love the voice they gave him.

Anyways, I put together my very first Xbox One Game DVR-built clip my YT channel and figured i'd share with you my fetish for the Fireball ;)

Learning Jago/Shadow Jago slowly but surely and enjoying every minute...hour... day of it lol.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu0rIzSEyBE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu0rIzSEyBE</a>

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
Re: My Noobtastic Shadow Jago in Action :D
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 12:18:13 PM »

Your off to a good start with him, not sure if your just focused on the basics but use more shadow moves, meter builds SOOOOOO fast.

Mousacre

• Basic Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 12:32:15 PM »

Thanks man and thank you for that tip, yeah I just have to get more comfortable using shadow moves for sure. For some reason my left hand doesn't naturally want to utilize those left buttons lol :P

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 01:00:27 PM »

I know that one :( I don't use nearly enough hard auto's for the same reason.

GameMasterGuy

• Monster Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: GreyMagicGamma
  • New age hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 01:13:25 PM »

You're better than a lot of people I've found online, even if you're not exactly the best. By the way, fireball spam isn't exactly the best idea against certain characters, Jago being one of them; if he has meter, he can use a shadow wind kick to go through them.

Mousacre

• Basic Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 01:17:57 PM »

You're better than a lot of people I've found online, even if you're not exactly the best. By the way, fireball spam isn't exactly the best idea against certain characters, Jago being one of them; if he has meter, he can use a shadow wind kick to go through them.

Thanks for the compliment! I appreciate that - and yeah I've actually come across like 1 other Jago who would always shadow wind kick through my fireball and completely rip me apart lol.

I've learned to sometimes use my Fireball as utility to feel out my opponent, see how they react which is typically helpful for me.

I just uploaded another clip, along with one on my channel titled "Tea Bag Party" lol which I won't bother posting here but here's a recent fight with me rocking a little tiny bit of that shadow goodness.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xk4fySdMBc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xk4fySdMBc</a>

Thanks again for your guys help and feedback! I seriously appreciate it.

GameMasterGuy

• Monster Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: GreyMagicGamma
  • New age hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 01:25:27 PM »

It looks like a general problem you have is that whenever you get into a position to deal damage, you instinctively go for a heavy special, usually tiger fury or endokuken. Try for openers instead so you can go into combos, individual moves deal minimal damage compared to the unscaled combos.

Mousacre

• Basic Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 01:35:23 PM »

It looks like a general problem you have is that whenever you get into a position to deal damage, you instinctively go for a heavy special, usually tiger fury or endokuken. Try for openers instead so you can go into combos, individual moves deal minimal damage compared to the unscaled combos.

Very true, I basically "black out" and go right for a heavy special - I'll try more for openers instead and see how it goes! :)

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 01:42:31 PM »

Its nice to see some gameplay videos being posted.  I can tell you you're doing better than I am with Jago.  I've played as Sabrewulf and getting some good learning in on Orchid.  I rarely play online.  At first I did and destroyed guys...days later everyone got pretty good haha.

Mousacre

• Basic Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 03:47:42 PM »

Its nice to see some gameplay videos being posted.  I can tell you you're doing better than I am with Jago.  I've played as Sabrewulf and getting some good learning in on Orchid.  I rarely play online.  At first I did and destroyed guys...days later everyone got pretty good haha.

I enjoy posting content so i'll try to keep it coming, as long as it doesn't get too repetitious, promise :P

Yeah the Day One release night was fun because no one had a clue what they're doing, but the day after it drastically changed haha

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke