Were you a part of the old forum? - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Downloads
Forum

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 2209
Latest: Katyk_or
New This Month: 804
New This Week: 27
New Today: 26
Stats
Total Posts: 10698
Total Topics: 1435
Most Online Today: 156
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 129
Total: 129
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Were you a part of the old forum?  (Read 18233 times)

RICHY

• Training
    • View Profile
Re: Were you a part of the old forum?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2013, 09:45:48 PM »

Bumping this thread but oh well. Same nickname: RICHY. Just found out about the new KI haha I've been living under a rock for the past few months or so. Glad to see the site gaining activity CXK! Hopefully the new KI will bring all the players together here on this site.
RICHY!  I was wondering where you've been.
Well I was really busy with school and family. I'm in college now so for now, things have slowed down. I'm taking it easy because I basically know everything I'm being taught. But now that I think about it...I joined this site when I first entered middle school. Jeez time flies by.
Congrats on college.  Thats crazy that you were starting middle school  :o I feel old!  Sorry your old account is gone.  It wasnt really by choice.  I've posted this a few times on the forum but in short: My host was dropping support for the old software, the site was getting really old and hard to update, the forum software had a lot of issues from being patched so many times, Killer Instinct was announced while I was planning a redesign which forced me to just do it the day it was announced.  I think it hurt the site a little but it also gave me the tools to update it frequently and bring new features. 

Thanks for joining.  What do you think of the new KI?
Thanks! Lol you ain't that old. And it's all good, I don't really mind. Sucks that I couldn't visit the old site before it went down but the memories still exist. Well for the new KI, I kinda feel this street fighter 4 vibe from it. It looks like there's a lot more combos. I dunno it seems as if it's trying to be flashy and not true to the original but it was bound to change. I won't be getting an Xbox One (or PS4) but I'd definitely play it if I had the chance.
I've never tried SF4 but I know a lot of people are comparing it to that.  Killer Instinct will be doing a Microsoft Store "tour" soon from what Major Nelson said.  Maybe you can try it out there.  I still havent had a chance to play it.  I always assumed if/when a new KI was made the developer might be more interactive with the fan site but that's not the case so far.
I'd say most developers won't give a crap. They'd rather make their own site. I highly doubt everyone working on the game is unaware of this site. If they really had that love for KI, they would be one of those old members lol.

EDIT: And I'm assuming it's the graphics that really make it seem like an SF4 clone.
hahah well Mick Gordon, the guy doing the music for the new KI said he's been to the site.  He's doing an excellent job with the music too, I think thats one thing no one is complaining about.
Lol well I took note of the music. It sounds more epic. But for sure nothing can compare to the original because it's so classic.

SyntaxBananaZ

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2013, 04:54:28 PM »

I think my old forum name was ShadowSonic or something, I doubt I made much of an impact or visited that much lol. But I still had this site bookmarked forever and came back after KI3 was announced; was a bit surprised the old site had to go, etc etc.

Anyway, still great to be apart of this KI community :)

Only thing I was able to contribute was figuring out how to do Spinal's infinite on the SNES. Oh, and I did make a hack of the SNES rom that gave players infinite health. This was to help people learn combos by both players in control, instead of one person just watching.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:52:52 PM by SyntaxBananaZ »

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2013, 08:19:38 PM »

I think my old forum name was ShadowSonic or something, I doubt I made much of an impact or visited that much lol. But I still had this site bookmarked forever and came back after KI3 was announced; was a bit surprised the old site had to go, etc etc.

Anyway, still great to be apart of this KI community :)

Only thing I was able to contribute was figuring out how to do Spinal's infinite on the SNES. Oh, and I did make a hack of the SNES rom that gave players infinite health. This was to help people learn combos by both players in control, instead of one person just watching.
Welcome back!

Soulvera

• Noob
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Soulvera IV
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2013, 08:03:06 AM »

Hey! I went by Kamoir or Banu on the old site. Doubt if anyone remembers me but i am glad to be back and see it still active after all these years.

Masterblizak

• Triple Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: juggsgotcha
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2013, 03:15:48 PM »

I am a new member to the forum- I have been searching around for years on KI and naturally this is the first site that comes up. Ive been around for all the "fake" teasers and trailers for years.

TumblingDonut

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2013, 06:04:05 PM »

I signed up back in December 2010, but I never really posted anything. What originally drew my interest was when I found out there was a community that still cared about KI and I was amazed by everybody else's input when it came to posting their own vids showing record breaking Ultra Combos!

I was ecstatic when they announced the new KI back at E3, so I immediately came back to this website, but after numerous failed attempts of logging in, I found out the site updated and had to register again, but it feels good to know that after all these years, a small community can make a huge impact!  8)
KI & KI2/Gold (Arcade/MAME, SNES, and N64)

TJ Combo
Sabrewulf
Glacius
B. Orchid
Kim Wu
Tusk
Maya
Fulgore
Chief Thunder

www.killerinstinctonline.net

A A Ron

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2014, 05:16:25 PM »

This is way late but I finally registered here, I love that this site is still going. One of the OG KI fansites that kept on chuggin when pretty much everyone abandoned hope of KI3 ever happening. I post over at ultra-combo.com under the same handle.

GT is Wheres A A Ron if anyone wants to add me for casual KI matches.  :)

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2014, 10:35:53 PM »

This is way late but I finally registered here, I love that this site is still going. One of the OG KI fansites that kept on chuggin when pretty much everyone abandoned hope of KI3 ever happening. I post over at ultra-combo.com under the same handle.

GT is Wheres A A Ron if anyone wants to add me for casual KI matches.  :)

Welcome back!

FightfortheFuture41

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2014, 03:06:59 PM »

Hello everyone. I was once part of this forum many years ago when I was an early teen somewhere at the age of 13, this site changed very much and it's getting better and better every time I see it. I still need to get used to the surroundings of this website and forum. I'll introduce myself anyway. I am FightfortheFuture. I'm 21 years old and from Ireland. For all administrators, I have looked at the rules carefully and will follow them strictly in a good manner. I am still a KI fan and own Killer Instinct on SNES and N64. I also downloaded Killer Instinct 1 and 2 on Xbox One. I was very close on quitting gaming forever but decided keep going.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 03:23:15 PM by FightfortheFuture41 »
When playing online against other players on Killer Instinct, respect and dignity come first before and after a fight.

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheFutureExists

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2014, 03:57:36 PM »

Hello everyone. I was once part of this forum many years ago when I was an early teen somewhere at the age of 13, this site changed very much and it's getting better and better every time I see it. I still need to get used to the surroundings of this website and forum. I'll introduce myself anyway. I am FightfortheFuture. I'm 21 years old and from Ireland. For all administrators, I have looked at the rules carefully and will follow them strictly in a good manner. I am still a KI fan and own Killer Instinct on SNES and N64. I also downloaded Killer Instinct 1 and 2 on Xbox One. I was very close on quitting gaming forever but decided keep going.

Welcome back!

FightfortheFuture41

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2014, 04:16:22 PM »

Thanks CXK. I haven't seen you here in years. Your still the top administrator I see.
When playing online against other players on Killer Instinct, respect and dignity come first before and after a fight.

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheFutureExists
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke