Were you a part of the old forum? - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Downloads
Forum

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1443
Latest: Thomasvob
New This Month: 65
New This Week: 60
New Today: 31
Stats
Total Posts: 10694
Total Topics: 1434
Most Online Today: 158
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 89
Total: 89
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Were you a part of the old forum?  (Read 17959 times)

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
Re: Were you a part of the old forum?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 08:22:17 PM »

Man good to see this site resurrect didn't come to the old site much didn't think it was alive but downloaded a ton KI stuff thx for that but nice to see this site come back along with KI finally it's here i never gave up it will return one day i'm so HYPE
The old forum had its ups and downs as far as activity goes.  I'm a little surprised more of the old users haven't surfaced after the announcement. 

Lekter

• Training
  • Supreme Victory!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 08:31:22 PM »

Yeah I was a member on the old forum. My nickname there was RCDJL. I now use Lekter 'cause I pretty much use this nick on everywhere. But yeah I'm happy we got a new home. Thanks for taking the time CXK! We really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 08:33:14 PM by Lekter »

chiefofsb

• Quad Combo
  • Continue?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2013, 08:42:58 PM »

More old users will find there way back it will come to them it took me a few days
Thx bro for the hard work glad to see the game and the site get a update together

Lord Raven

• Extreme Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 07:42:10 AM »

well i was Elder god raiden, who now rest in peace and Raven has been born, lol. but anywho; i love the new site. it gets me motivated and like the old site, i was still in the area looking for new post and what not. i just din't have the time since my new employment is requesting alot of hours from me. but it's great to see that my dream and CXK's dream became a reality. we are finaly getting KI3.

Danyo_Dope

• Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2013, 05:59:34 AM »

i was darkspinal and reptilez lol
i was in 5th grade when i joined this site (im 16 now) and i cant believe KI3 is coming out! i hope now that the news came in, the KI community will start growing and getting back together like the old times.

bladerunner

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2013, 03:57:20 PM »

I'm BladeRunner and i use the same nick as before.
You shall not pass

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2013, 04:00:06 PM »

Eclipso, was the same on the old boards.

RICHY

• Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2013, 08:22:39 PM »

Bumping this thread but oh well. Same nickname: RICHY. Just found out about the new KI haha I've been living under a rock for the past few months or so. Glad to see the site gaining activity CXK! Hopefully the new KI will bring all the players together here on this site.

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2013, 08:50:27 PM »

Bumping this thread but oh well. Same nickname: RICHY. Just found out about the new KI haha I've been living under a rock for the past few months or so. Glad to see the site gaining activity CXK! Hopefully the new KI will bring all the players together here on this site.
RICHY!  I was wondering where you've been.

RICHY

• Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2013, 08:54:58 PM »

Well I was really busy with school and family. I'm in college now so for now, things have slowed down. I'm taking it easy because I basically know everything I'm being taught. But now that I think about it...I joined this site when I first entered middle school. Jeez time flies by.

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2013, 09:16:01 PM »

Well I was really busy with school and family. I'm in college now so for now, things have slowed down. I'm taking it easy because I basically know everything I'm being taught. But now that I think about it...I joined this site when I first entered middle school. Jeez time flies by.
Congrats on college.  Thats crazy that you were starting middle school  :o I feel old!  Sorry your old account is gone.  It wasnt really by choice.  I've posted this a few times on the forum but in short: My host was dropping support for the old software, the site was getting really old and hard to update, the forum software had a lot of issues from being patched so many times, Killer Instinct was announced while I was planning a redesign which forced me to just do it the day it was announced.  I think it hurt the site a little but it also gave me the tools to update it frequently and bring new features. 

Thanks for joining.  What do you think of the new KI?

RICHY

• Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2013, 09:31:12 PM »

Congrats on college.  Thats crazy that you were starting middle school  :o I feel old!  Sorry your old account is gone.  It wasnt really by choice.  I've posted this a few times on the forum but in short: My host was dropping support for the old software, the site was getting really old and hard to update, the forum software had a lot of issues from being patched so many times, Killer Instinct was announced while I was planning a redesign which forced me to just do it the day it was announced.  I think it hurt the site a little but it also gave me the tools to update it frequently and bring new features. 

Thanks! Lol you ain't that old. And it's all good, I don't really mind. Sucks that I couldn't visit the old site before it went down but the memories still exist. Well for the new KI, I kinda feel this street fighter 4 vibe from it. It looks like there's a lot more combos. I dunno it seems as if it's trying to be flashy and not true to the original but it was bound to change. I won't be getting an Xbox One (or PS4) but I'd definitely play it if I had the chance.

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2013, 09:37:49 PM »

Thanks! Lol you ain't that old. And it's all good, I don't really mind. Sucks that I couldn't visit the old site before it went down but the memories still exist. Well for the new KI, I kinda feel this street fighter 4 vibe from it. It looks like there's a lot more combos. I dunno it seems as if it's trying to be flashy and not true to the original but it was bound to change. I won't be getting an Xbox One (or PS4) but I'd definitely play it if I had the chance.
I've never tried SF4 but I know a lot of people are comparing it to that.  Killer Instinct will be doing a Microsoft Store "tour" soon from what Major Nelson said.  Maybe you can try it out there.  I still havent had a chance to play it.  I always assumed if/when a new KI was made the developer might be more interactive with the fan site but that's not the case so far. 

RICHY

• Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2013, 09:40:13 PM »

I've never tried SF4 but I know a lot of people are comparing it to that.  Killer Instinct will be doing a Microsoft Store "tour" soon from what Major Nelson said.  Maybe you can try it out there.  I still havent had a chance to play it.  I always assumed if/when a new KI was made the developer might be more interactive with the fan site but that's not the case so far.
I'd say most developers won't give a crap. They'd rather make their own site. I highly doubt everyone working on the game is unaware of this site. If they really had that love for KI, they would be one of those old members lol.

EDIT: And I'm assuming it's the graphics that really make it seem like an SF4 clone.

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2013, 09:42:21 PM »

I'd say most developers won't give a crap. They'd rather make their own site. I highly doubt everyone working on the game is unaware of this site. If they really had that love for KI, they would be one of those old members lol.

EDIT: And I'm assuming it's the graphics that really make it seem like an SF4 clone.
hahah well Mick Gordon, the guy doing the music for the new KI said he's been to the site.  He's doing an excellent job with the music too, I think thats one thing no one is complaining about.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke