Backflip Kick from KI 2 - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Downloads
Forum

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1510
Latest: TrecaxFap
New This Month: 191
New This Week: 129
New Today: 32
Stats
Total Posts: 10695
Total Topics: 1436
Most Online Today: 161
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 144
Total: 145

Author Topic: Backflip Kick from KI 2  (Read 3609 times)

FlyRoutine

• Training
    • View Profile
Backflip Kick from KI 2
« on: November 15, 2013, 06:56:57 AM »

Am I the only one who loved the backflip kick from the KI 2 Sabrewulf and wants it as a regular move instead of that boring uppercut he has again in KI 3? It would give Sabrewulf so much more style!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 06:32:56 AM by FlyRoutine »

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
Re: Backflip Kick from KI 2
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 07:38:13 AM »

I agree, some of the move sets have more variety then others.

MrTBlack

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 01:33:58 PM »

Yeah and with today's technology, we can make it look realistic as opposed to then.

TumblingDonut

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 08:57:35 PM »

Sabrewulf Backflip kick was very useful for a lot of situations especially anti airs, but I always loved linking the super backflip to end my ultra's!! 8)

I'm assuming they gave him the uppercut since it's a reboot of KI, probably wanted to start off with the basics...I guess, but it's cool to see the backflip as an ultra ender in the reboot, but it'll only be 2 seconds of nostalgia.  :(
KI & KI2/Gold (Arcade/MAME, SNES, and N64)

TJ Combo
Sabrewulf
Glacius
B. Orchid
Kim Wu
Tusk
Maya
Fulgore
Chief Thunder

www.killerinstinctonline.net

MrTBlack

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 11:42:19 PM »

Yeah. But the story does happen after ki2 I think.

FlyRoutine

• Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 06:57:41 AM »

Sabrewulf Backflip kick was very useful for a lot of situations especially anti airs, but I always loved linking the super backflip to end my ultra's!! 8)

I'm assuming they gave him the uppercut since it's a reboot of KI, probably wanted to start off with the basics...I guess, but it's cool to see the backflip as an ultra ender in the reboot, but it'll only be 2 seconds of nostalgia.  :(

I didn't watched that much vids lately, but it looks like Orchid for example has one of her KI 2 moves back, why not Sabrewulf too?
I loved KI 2 Sabrewulf back then, because he had his own style. That boring uppercut pisses me off and leaves me much less desired about my alltime favourite fighting character.
Just look at his move set, when he fights he just uses his upper extremities all the time. Yes, it makes sense for an Werewolf character to fight with his claws most of the time, but its onesided too. The Backflip gave KI 2 Sabrewulf that much needed variety in style.
Even if it seems like a small detail, its a huge disappointment for me.

TumblingDonut

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 05:27:28 PM »

I didn't watched that much vids lately, but it looks like Orchid for example has one of her KI 2 moves back, why not Sabrewulf too?
I loved KI 2 Sabrewulf back then, because he had his own style. That boring uppercut pisses me off and leaves me much less desired about my alltime favourite fighting character.
Just look at his move set, when he fights he just uses his upper extremities all the time. Yes, it makes sense for an Werewolf character to fight with his claws most of the time, but its onesided too. The Backflip gave KI 2 Sabrewulf that much needed variety in style.
Even if it seems like a small detail, its a huge disappointment for me.

Same here. I'm not trying to think to far ahead, but if they ever had a rebalanced update, it should include the backflip kick...just a suggestion.
KI & KI2/Gold (Arcade/MAME, SNES, and N64)

TJ Combo
Sabrewulf
Glacius
B. Orchid
Kim Wu
Tusk
Maya
Fulgore
Chief Thunder

www.killerinstinctonline.net

maidaidarai

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 04:47:00 AM »

Am I the only one who loved the backflip kick from the KI 2 Sabrewulf and wants it as a regular move instead of that boring uppercut he has again in KI 3? It would give Sabrewulf so much more style!

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke