So - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Downloads
Forum

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1849
Latest: ByronAxiox
New This Month: 457
New This Week: 14
New Today: 14
Stats
Total Posts: 10696
Total Topics: 1433
Most Online Today: 181
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 155
Total: 155
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So  (Read 7859 times)

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
Re: So
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 04:12:37 PM »

It was in the arcades for me, so much that I have owned some of my own for teh last 5 years or so. Not pictured is My Crus'n USA sit down that Im working on.

https://vine.co/v/bFAaIYerV2i

Kuromadoshi

• Training
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Kuromad0shi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2013, 02:55:08 PM »

Really cool stories!  Read them all.  It's pretty awesome how a game like KI can stay with you for so long.  The graphics, music, combo system, announcer, level zoom (KI1) was just amazing.  when KI 2013 was announced, I had the same reaction that Maximilian had.  Screaming YEEEES so loud and fist pumping.

I first came across KI1 at Tilt in the mall when I was 16yrs old.  There was a huge crowd around KI and MK2 barely had anyone.  The game was so loud, especially when Fulgore's danger move went off.  I was driving all over Houston playing the games at arcades.  It was the most amazing experience.  Placing your quarter on the monitor to let people know you are waiting in line.  Miss those days!!  I remember the day KI1 was released for snes (before KI2 arcade) and the wait to get out of school was so bad!  The game was $79.99.

When KI2 came out, I was following several fan sites that would post new information and moves about the game.  Since the internet was still pretty new (Dad had an ISDN line for business), it gave me a slight advantage at first.  The days of hanging out at putt-putt golf, getting to know the employees to get free games as so cool.  Met a dude there that has ended still being a good friend to this day.

When XBAND enabled KI1 on the snes.  It was AMAZING.  Playing true online matches against other people, in your home over a modem in 1996!!  Met some cool people and learned new ways of playing the game.  Some amazing players out there at the time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XBAND

About 8 years ago I purchased a KI2 cabinet for $550 off ebay.  Shipping was something like $250, dang.  Here's a Pic from today:

-Kuro

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2013, 04:56:38 PM »

Really cool stories!  Read them all.  It's pretty awesome how a game like KI can stay with you for so long.  The graphics, music, combo system, announcer, level zoom (KI1) was just amazing.  when KI 2013 was announced, I had the same reaction that Maximilian had.  Screaming YEEEES so loud and fist pumping.

I first came across KI1 at Tilt in the mall when I was 16yrs old.  There was a huge crowd around KI and MK2 barely had anyone.  The game was so loud, especially when Fulgore's danger move went off.  I was driving all over Houston playing the games at arcades.  It was the most amazing experience.  Placing your quarter on the monitor to let people know you are waiting in line.  Miss those days!!  I remember the day KI1 was released for snes (before KI2 arcade) and the wait to get out of school was so bad!  The game was $79.99.

When KI2 came out, I was following several fan sites that would post new information and moves about the game.  Since the internet was still pretty new (Dad had an ISDN line for business), it gave me a slight advantage at first.  The days of hanging out at putt-putt golf, getting to know the employees to get free games as so cool.  Met a dude there that has ended still being a good friend to this day.

When XBAND enabled KI1 on the snes.  It was AMAZING.  Playing true online matches against other people, in your home over a modem in 1996!!  Met some cool people and learned new ways of playing the game.  Some amazing players out there at the time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XBAND

About 8 years ago I purchased a KI2 cabinet for $550 off ebay.  Shipping was something like $250, dang.  Here's a Pic from today:

-Kuro
Welcome to the site!  I think I played at Tilt locations in San Antonio malls.  I remember the game being extremely expensive.  Its funny how people complain about game prices now days.  My parents were nice enough to buy me the SNES/KI bundle.  I wish I had kept the box.

Jitae

• Triple Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Jitae82
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 12:09:10 PM »

hmmm let me think for a while ..... hehe

i think i was 12 years then back in the days, when a friend and me wanted to go to a arcade.
so it was the first time i was in a arcade, we started to play some games.
the we seeing a bunch of ppl around 1 cabinet, so we wanted to know what games it was, and yea it was KI.
so we waited to see it and also wanted to play it hehe after a long time waiting i finaly started to play.
and from that time i started to go to the arcade more and play KI more.
i started to go ones every week and from ones a week it became almost every day after school.
i also became one of the best KI players of my town (there where some ppl better then me).
so after a year or 2 after my first day the local arcade owner told me there conna be a new KI next week.
i was like what really ..... when when when what day and what time its gonna be here.
so that day i went back just when they opend, i was looking around but no new KI :(
i ask the owner, wheres the new ki ? oh it will come later today. :)
so after a few hours ther was a truck stopping in front of the arcade, they opend the back and there it was KI2 not 1 but 2 of them.
i stick verry close to the cabinets hehe and when with them to to place where they gonna put it.
and i was the first 1 in my town that was playing KI2.

so years been passing by.

after +-4 years they desided to move the KI2 cabinets to a other arcade far away from where i live.
but they KI was staying

they had it like for 10 years.
now my friend wanted to make me jelly, so he did buy a cabinet from KI (but the game was not working).
yea it was cool to see the cabinet in his room but it was not working.

so he took out the harddrive from it and whent to the arcade with it, they wanted to help him,
and first thing they did was putting it in there cabinet -> power on -> there cabinet whent dead also :(

also from that time the arcade over here went down a short after they closed.

so years with no KI to play anymore
last year my friend and me decided to repair his cabinet and game (i just wanted to play again)
so i whent looking on the internet for parts (also got my hand on some KI pcb board) and i really wanted to have a cabinet for myself to
so i started to make some plans for to build my own cabinet  (and last winter it hapend :) i got my own working KI arcade machine now at my home)

(btw we still need to finish repair my friend's cabinet hehe, just his cabinet his KI game is working again to)

and here's my cabinet.
Gamescom Killer Instinct
21 wins, 2 losses and 1 time out
highest combo - 47 hit's (not to bad for a first time)

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 12:50:57 PM »

BEAUTIFUL cab Jitae, one small gripe I have, the hinge for the CP stands out and the two side bolts since they are not black.

Jitae

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 03:02:18 PM »

yea i know but dint found a original hinge im also fine with bold how they are hehe.
and the top bold just under the cp is added by me the original cabs dont have it.
Gamescom Killer Instinct

Dstyle

• Training
  • virtueZX at the DH forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 05:29:21 PM »

I first got into KI playing the arcade version at our local Teen Center. Back then, I just mashed buttons. Up until the new game's announcement, KI became nothing more than a nice memory of nostalgia.

Now I'm here.
HUMILIATION!
(Humiliation...again?)

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 07:24:05 PM »

hmmm let me think for a while ..... hehe

i think i was 12 years then back in the days, when a friend and me wanted to go to a arcade.
so it was the first time i was in a arcade, we started to play some games.
the we seeing a bunch of ppl around 1 cabinet, so we wanted to know what games it was, and yea it was KI.
so we waited to see it and also wanted to play it hehe after a long time waiting i finaly started to play.
and from that time i started to go to the arcade more and play KI more.
i started to go ones every week and from ones a week it became almost every day after school.
i also became one of the best KI players of my town (there where some ppl better then me).
so after a year or 2 after my first day the local arcade owner told me there conna be a new KI next week.
i was like what really ..... when when when what day and what time its gonna be here.
so that day i went back just when they opend, i was looking around but no new KI :(
i ask the owner, wheres the new ki ? oh it will come later today. :)
so after a few hours ther was a truck stopping in front of the arcade, they opend the back and there it was KI2 not 1 but 2 of them.
i stick verry close to the cabinets hehe and when with them to to place where they gonna put it.
and i was the first 1 in my town that was playing KI2.

so years been passing by.

after +-4 years they desided to move the KI2 cabinets to a other arcade far away from where i live.
but they KI was staying

they had it like for 10 years.
now my friend wanted to make me jelly, so he did buy a cabinet from KI (but the game was not working).
yea it was cool to see the cabinet in his room but it was not working.

so he took out the harddrive from it and whent to the arcade with it, they wanted to help him,
and first thing they did was putting it in there cabinet -> power on -> there cabinet whent dead also :(

also from that time the arcade over here went down a short after they closed.

so years with no KI to play anymore
last year my friend and me decided to repair his cabinet and game (i just wanted to play again)
so i whent looking on the internet for parts (also got my hand on some KI pcb board) and i really wanted to have a cabinet for myself to
so i started to make some plans for to build my own cabinet  (and last winter it hapend :) i got my own working KI arcade machine now at my home)

(btw we still need to finish repair my friend's cabinet hehe, just his cabinet his KI game is working again to)

and here's my cabinet.

That cabinet is gorgeous.  I'm jealous.  I'm still amazed by it.

I first got into KI playing the arcade version at our local Teen Center. Back then, I just mashed buttons. Up until the new game's announcement, KI became nothing more than a nice memory of nostalgia.

Now I'm here.

Welcome, glad to have you here!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 07:37:47 PM by CXK »

Dstyle

• Training
  • virtueZX at the DH forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 07:31:08 PM »

Thanks for having me. I know the DH forums are usually more active than here, but y'all conduct yourselves noticeably better than a lot of posters there. I hope to add to the productivity of discussion going on in regards to the latest Killer Instinct.
HUMILIATION!
(Humiliation...again?)

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, 07:36:40 PM »

Thanks for having me. I know the DH forums are usually more active than here, but y'all conduct yourselves noticeably better than a lot of posters there. I hope to add to the productivity of discussion going on in regards to the latest Killer Instinct.
I think DH is more because they think if they complain Double Helix will change the game to please everyone lol. 

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2013, 09:11:51 AM »

Yea, I have noticed everytime I post something (constructive) it just gets ignored for the other less...shall we say...constructive posts lol. Public forums, that how they roll.

GameMasterGuy

• Monster Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: GreyMagicGamma
  • New age hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2013, 10:35:07 AM »

Especially official ones. I remember the official Bungie forums, pretty awful stuff.

Jitae

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2013, 03:49:10 AM »

so my arcade day's are gonne start again hehe :)
yesterday i went to the city next to my town i live in and did go to the arcade over there,
and it was awesome they have KI and KI2.
yea in the past they had the machine to but then there where in bad shape (sticks not working, and some buttons) so i dint when to go there anymore.
but awhile ego i heard to had back the machines but i dint wanted to believe it, so yesterday i went to see hehe and it was true and the machine's are in good shape.

ps: im off to the arcade again to play KI :p
Gamescom Killer Instinct

Shnet

• Basic Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2013, 08:09:38 AM »

All of your stories, it's so cool!
I was six years old, my older brother brought home a black dispensing cartridge for our SNES. I remember that day and today.
I remember how happy my first steps in this game, every day we learn something new. And then the abyss. Our SNES was broken, we gave it to a friend for a long time he did not play did not save her. It was only in 2007, I again entered the arena of the game.
Sorry for my bad English!
Pages: 1 [2]

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke