The two last characters of the first 8 confirmed... maybe??? - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Downloads
Forum

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1849
Latest: ByronAxiox
New This Month: 457
New This Week: 14
New Today: 14
Stats
Total Posts: 10696
Total Topics: 1433
Most Online Today: 181
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 150
Total: 150
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: The two last characters of the first 8 confirmed... maybe???  (Read 34920 times)

GameMasterGuy

• Monster Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: GreyMagicGamma
  • New age hero
    • View Profile
Re: The two last characters of the first 8 confirmed... maybe???
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2013, 11:14:51 AM »

Agreed, and Capcom can be pretty guilty of it too... have you ever seen Chun Li's legs?

Moy

• Hyper Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2013, 07:30:39 PM »

It came from the MS stream last week, that and the stage glance that someone else posted.
Kool.
I thought different renders were out for Orchid already.

Masterblizak

• Triple Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: juggsgotcha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 08:14:44 PM »

Looking at the cover this may confirm what I said in a post a while back about possible characters. Most likely get Spinal and another NEW character. If you look at what's available now, odds are good on an old character and another new one. So that would bring the total to 2 new characters.

Churrasco

• Basic Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2013, 08:15:49 PM »

They can't leave Fulgore out. No way.

And isn't Cinder dead?

theincubuslord

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2013, 08:16:39 PM »

And isn't Cinder dead?

I believe Glacius left him heavily wounded, as he didn't actually want to fight him but was forced to do so.

Darththork99

• Extreme Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Quilava Slave
  • Born once, Die twice. Born twice, die once.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2013, 09:16:58 PM »

And isn't Cinder dead?

I believe Glacius left him heavily wounded, as he didn't actually want to fight him but was forced to do so.

No. Glacius killed him. I think KI2013 will be exploiting the fact that KI2 took place in the past. So I see a return in dead characters like Riptor and Cinder.
KI2013
Combo record:
Glacius: 98 hit Ultra
Thunder: 128 hit Ultra
Sadira: 80 hit Ultra
Orchid: 89 hit Ultra
Spinal: --
Fulgore: --

theincubuslord

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2013, 09:19:33 PM »

And isn't Cinder dead?

No. Glacius killed him. I think KI2013 will be exploiting the fact that KI2 took place in the past. So I see a return in dead characters like Riptor and Cinder.

Ah, you're right, just read up on it. ^^

Kk-Man

• Awesome Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: MadMetalKaiser
  • It's da way you move, to da killa groove.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2013, 09:56:18 AM »

KI3 is a reboot dudes, they don't give a damn fuck about the storyline.
They can put every character they want to.

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2013, 09:59:23 AM »

Its not a reboot, its their continuation on the story from KI2 with their distinct touch.

theincubuslord

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2013, 10:03:08 AM »

That is false. They have mentioned several times what's happened with Jago and Sabrewulf...

Jago learned about Gargos being the Tiger Spirit in KI2 which had Jago enraged. Not only does he need to fight the darkness within himself planted by Gargos, but he also tore down his temple for representing a false, and evil, god. That continuity right there, and thus the new KI is NOT a reboot.

As for Sabrewulf, he tore off the cyborg arms he got in KI2 and through dark magic he grew himself a new pair of arms. To dim the pain, he's become a junkie which is why is twitching all the time in his stance. CONTINUITY!

And I didn't make these things up, DH has mentioned this themselves in several videos. Try look up some of the older videos around E3 and such.

Also, they are making a Story Mode... why do that if they don't care about the storyline?

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2013, 10:07:22 AM »

That is false. They have mentioned several times what's happened with Jago and Sabrewulf...

Jago learned about Gargos being the Tiger Spirit in KI2 which had Jago enraged. Not only does he need to fight the darkness within himself planted by Gargos, but he also tore down his temple for representing a false, and evil, god. That continuity right there, and thus the new KI is NOT a reboot.

As for Sabrewulf, he tore off the cyborg arms he got in KI2 and through dark magic he grew himself a new pair of arms. To dim the pain, he's become a junkie which is why is twitching all the time in his stance. CONTINUITY!

And I didn't make these things up, DH has mentioned this themselves in several videos. Try look up some of the older videos around E3 and such.

Also, they are making a Story Mode... why do that if they don't care about the storyline?

bah! I was going to wait for his rebuttal before posting this...   :P

Kk-Man

• Awesome Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2013, 10:14:43 AM »

Damn, i really never cared about the story in KI, the gameplay is all that matters for me.
Everyone talked about cinder and stuff, and the devellopers said they wanted the full cast, so i assumed it was a reboot...
But if not, Riptor and Cinder are certainly doomed.

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2013, 10:18:26 AM »

Damn, i really never cared about the story in KI, the gameplay is all that matters for me.
Everyone talked about cinder and stuff, and the devellopers said they wanted the full cast, so i assumed it was a reboot...

I'm confident were going to get the full KI cast before the end of season 2. not sure what marketing information they have that is dictating them releasing the characters in the order they are. I still think Sadira should have been DLC at a later date, Im not happy Combo wont be in the game at launch and odds are not until 2014 it looks like.

Kk-Man

• Awesome Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2013, 10:23:06 AM »

I'm confident were going to get the full KI cast before the end of season 2. not sure what marketing information they have that is dictating them releasing the characters in the order they are. I still think Sadira should have been DLC at a later date, Im not happy Combo wont be in the game at launch and odds are not until 2014 it looks like.
I hope too, but i'm disapointed i really thought cinder could make it in season one... no riptor, no combo, maybe no fulgore ? maybe they keep it for later, we waited so much for this game that is hard to wait more.

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2013, 10:29:12 AM »

I hope too, but i'm disapointed i really thought cinder could make it in season one... no riptor, no combo, maybe no fulgore ? maybe they keep it for later, we waited so much for this game that is hard to wait more.

I am not a Spinal fan, never been able to use him effectively and just overall not my type of character so I was hoping (knowing TJ wasn't going to be in the initial) that it was going to be Cinder and Fulgore as the last two for season 1 but the current proof is showing us otherwise.

Can you imagine how good Cinder could look on the Xbone? Although I am also wondering how good Glacius could have looked if they would have keep him more liquid then just ice not taking away from how they have done it but Im not a fan of his new look and will be using the classic skin for him.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke