What do you think of Orchid's look for KI3? - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Downloads
Forum

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1783
Latest: ineswk16
New This Month: 391
New This Week: 143
New Today: 27
Stats
Total Posts: 10696
Total Topics: 1433
Most Online Today: 199
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 177
Total: 177

Poll

What do you think of Orchid's look for KI3?

Hot!
- 19 (45.2%)
Good
- 17 (40.5%)
Eh...
- 4 (9.5%)
SUCKS!
- 2 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: What do you think of Orchid's look for KI3?  (Read 28913 times)

NOTLAW47

• Master Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: NOTLAW 47
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think of Orchid's look for KI3?
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2013, 09:12:24 PM »

I don't give a damn what ANYBODY says,KI2 Orchid was sexy as hell and I hope I run into a female that looks just like her.
The truth,the whole truth,and
nothing but the STOMP-DOWN!!! truth.

Moy

• Hyper Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2013, 10:04:22 PM »

I don't give a damn what ANYBODY says,KI2 Orchid was sexy as hell and I hope I run into a female that looks just like her.
Body or face?

Kk-Man

• Awesome Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: MadMetalKaiser
  • It's da way you move, to da killa groove.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2013, 09:25:07 AM »

Body or face?
ASS

But i must agree, as a female fantasy character, she's hot. But those proportions are quite rare irl, boobs of this size are rarely firm and jiggles like crazy.

Mudarcade

• Hyper Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Mud360elite
  • Muds Arcade
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2013, 09:33:59 AM »

I really like the new look, but the costume is not as sexy as the previous.  Ki1 orchid was sexy because she had the tight latex looking outfit.  I love the animation victory screen as well. Tapping her ass to light up the batons was awesome! Ki2 costume was also sexy as it was a latex suit with thigh high boots and thong back.  Ki2 I didn't really care for the victory animation screen because her hair covered her face and was too curly.  Ki3 she looks almost too much like a tomb raider with Jurassic park night vision goggles. I do like the new look and I'm looking forward to her alternate.  Still hot, but I'm sure we can all agree that we want the skin tight latex in various choice of colors :)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 09:09:16 AM by Mudarcade »

skippyluvs

• Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2013, 11:44:03 PM »

K well orchid was the last straw for me.

I'm not getting this or an Xbox 1 for that matter. Going straight to PS4 like everyone else. If this game would have lived up to expectations of most veterans who played the originals I would have went with an Xbox 1, honestly it was this game that even tipped me to that console - but that's no longer an issue.

It's not even really KI, it's too different. Seriously orchid doesn't even look like orchid, she's a bit too pale her facial structure is way off and wtf is with the Laura Croft outfit?..seriously if I wanted to play Tomb Raider I'd go buy that.

Orchid is supposed to look like a bad ass from the year 2700. She has no true combat glowsticks, no snazzy/eccentric outfit/no sexy vibe to her/ no hip and just straight up cool/guile like edge to her, her stage looks retarded and bland - nothing like the original.

I honestly feel like these ppl making this have no clue what the game culture is really like they just think they do - and with the way they're structuring the game play and how to pay for it I get the vibe it's more about money than to create something really good.

I'm out - enjoy the game...if you can..

Darththork99

• Extreme Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Quilava Slave
  • Born once, Die twice. Born twice, die once.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2013, 08:53:56 AM »

I'm not getting this or an Xbox 1 for that matter. Going straight to PS4 like everyone else. If this game would have lived up to expectations of most veterans who played the originals I would have went with an Xbox 1, honestly it was this game that even tipped me to that console - but that's no longer an issue.

It's not even really KI, it's too different. Seriously orchid doesn't even look like orchid, she's a bit too pale her facial structure is way off and wtf is with the Laura Croft outfit?..seriously if I wanted to play Tomb Raider I'd go buy that.

Orchid is supposed to look like a bad ass from the year 2700. She has no true combat glowsticks, no snazzy/eccentric outfit/no sexy vibe to her/ no hip and just straight up cool/guile like edge to her, her stage looks retarded and bland - nothing like the original.

I honestly feel like these ppl making this have no clue what the game culture is really like they just think they do - and with the way they're structuring the game play and how to pay for it I get the vibe it's more about money than to create something really good.

Too different? Have you played it? I see great similarities. Perfect successor.
KI2013
Combo record:
Glacius: 98 hit Ultra
Thunder: 128 hit Ultra
Sadira: 80 hit Ultra
Orchid: 89 hit Ultra
Spinal: --
Fulgore: --

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2013, 09:04:42 AM »

I cant stand what they did to Glacius look so ill use his classic costume and as far as pricing goes, we have a thread here somewhere and we worked it out, the end price is 60$ with a good healthy (and should be balanced) roster with all the standard FG features were just getting it in a small dose.

As far as the "its too different" remark I have to say they have taken care to modernize and update it along the lines of what Capcom did with SF4. Lets look:

Jago: is recognizable as Jago in appearance and theme
Glacius: is recognizable as Glacius in appearance and theme (even if I don't agree  ;D )
Sabrewolf: is recognizable as Sabrewolf in appearance and theme
CHIEF Thunder: is recognizable as Thunder in appearance and theme (his stage is amazing)
Orchid: is recognizable as Orchid in appearance, stage probably will fit her for the update.

Adding onto your Orchid rant, her tonfa's were not traditional "glow sticks" as you put it in KI2 nor were her stages all that detailed in either the first or second game.

not to mention alt costumes if you don't like one or two, classic costumes, accessories, colors and so on.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 09:06:58 AM by Eclipso »

Kk-Man

• Awesome Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2013, 09:27:07 AM »

I own a KI cab, i'm a true fan, i LOVE killer instinct, this game IS KI3.
The design has evolved, the gameplay too. But the core is the exact same.

mc3dragon

• Solid Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: mc3dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2013, 11:28:39 AM »

We've only seen glimpses of Orchid, and a still shot of her stage.  That's not enough to go on to hate everything.  We haven't seen any gameplay, or anything on the alts. 

Moy

• Hyper Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2013, 04:32:55 PM »

K well orchid was the last straw for me..

Ok, goodbye.

Kk-Man

• Awesome Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2013, 03:49:28 PM »

We've only seen glimpses of Orchid, and a still shot of her stage.  That's not enough to go on to hate everything.  We haven't seen any gameplay, or anything on the alts.

So true.
K well orchid was the last straw for me..

Ok, goodbye.
+1

Wanda maximoff

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2013, 01:33:45 AM »

LOL how dare You bring you fan boy crap here. This is a site for Killerinstinct NOT xb1 or ps4

If you don't like the Game why are you following it here? Im a hard core KI fan And I'm just gonna say that ANY hardcore KI fan would DIE for a brilliant home emulation of the original LET ALONE the pure greatness double helix has done here.

Take you hating bullshit somewhere else this game is without doubt amazing in its own right.

Wanda maximoff

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2013, 01:58:17 AM »

As far as orchid goes personlyi love it... any one who bitches can just use the original skin.

There are a few things id tweak;

Head band no goggles
Sabers glow hotter
Exaggerate the hologram watch
Take off chest grenades
Tone her down a bit around the arms.

Facially she is a KILLER she's got so much attitude...the panther is INGENIOUS!

GameMasterGuy

• Monster Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: GreyMagicGamma
  • New age hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2013, 11:54:09 AM »

The grenades, goggles, and maybe headbands will likely be items you can swap out or take off at release, I agree with the rest though.

Filter-37

• Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2013, 11:54:16 AM »

to short video to tell good
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke