Changes to the site! - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Downloads
Forum

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1357
Latest: FrankWriff
New This Month: 53
New This Week: 51
New Today: 23
Stats
Total Posts: 10685
Total Topics: 1429
Most Online Today: 174
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 105
Total: 105

Author Topic: Changes to the site!  (Read 823 times)

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
Changes to the site!
« on: September 12, 2018, 09:43:53 PM »

I've neglected the site for far too long. Times have changed so much since I started this site in 2006. Social media wasn't a huge deal then, people still loved using forums. It seems people prefer just using Facebook groups for everything now. I don't like that. Facebook gives very little customization, Facebook makes all of the advertising money leaving very little incentive for people to create anything. This website was not created for me to make money. Any money made was never enough to cover the costs. I was fine with that, I liked having a community of people who were just as excited about the game as I was. We all came together to build out a great collection of content from our favorite games.  I'm still impressed we have almost every sound from the arcade games available on this site. Its also available to download in sound packs.

I think the new Killer Instinct is a good game. They did a great job and I'm thankful we got to see the series continue. I'm personally not that in to the new game which makes it difficult to build a site around it. So the direction I'd like to go with the site is back to its roots. Focus mainly on the classic games. There are plenty of places to go to talk about the new KI game. This was THE place to go to talk about the classic Killer Instinct titles. I'd like to try and move back to that. Like I said earlier, people are more interested in using Facebook. I may not be able to change that. But if the site is going to live on, this is probably the best route for it.

I've already started moving a few things around and will continue to simplify the site. Don't expect huge UI changes. I just don't have time for a rebuild. But the site will now feature the classic games over the new Killer Instinct. I will not be removing much content. The forums will be rearranged but I don't anticipate removing posts. I also plan to bring back resources from the old games, including roms and .CHD files for emulation.

I'd love to hear from you. Your opinions, what you'd like to see and if you like or dislike this.

Whats changed:
-Rearranged home page to put the classic games on top.
-Removed old news and the news archive.
-Removed large banner at the top of the site.
-Changed banner to the classic website's banner.
-Removed Killer Instinct TV (Live stream portion)
-Rearranged navigation menu to show classic games first.
-Added downloads (MAME and U64 files required for emulation)
-Moved sound effects downloads to the downloads section (Now requires log-in to download)
-Rearranged the main forum index to show games first.
-Removed Live Streams section from Killer Instinct Videos (Previously KITV)
-Moved classic game forums to the top of the list.
-Removed Twitch streams embed from user profiles.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 09:15:32 PM by CXK »

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke