Buy Now
Shadow lords - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Killer Instinct (Arc)
Killer Instinct 2
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Forum

Recent News

02/06/17: Sneak Peak At Ultimates for Killer Instinct

10/30/16: Get the Killer Instinct Season 3 Soundtrack here.

07/20/16: Pre-order Killer Instinct Definitive Edition here!

07/17/16: The Killer Instinct Definitive Edition is coming Sept 20th!

News Archive

Killer Instinct TV

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1368
Latest: Elbercop
New This Month: 84
New This Week: 78
New Today: 10
Stats
Total Posts: 10679
Total Topics: 1426
Most Online Today: 125
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 121
Total: 121

Author Topic: Shadow lords  (Read 16480 times)

Hypermcker360

• Awesome Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: HyperMCKER360
    • View Profile
Shadow lords
« on: October 04, 2016, 02:55:22 AM »

Just wanted to hear feedback about shadow lords, I think we should have got more stages and more original fighters, shadow lord to me anyway is rubbish, you get bored of fighting green mimics all the time, you just want to play a fighting game to fight, not go to kan ra shop to mix things to use in battle after you win a few rounds,does gets boring after the 40th time.
What do you people out there think, would you want it in the game, or would you have wanted more stages, and better designed fighters (general raam..yawn...Arbiter...yawn)...
The only way season 4 will work and that's if there is one, is to release the full product, so we can see if its something we want to spend our hard earned cash on.

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
Re: Shadow lords
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 08:11:42 AM »

As I never purchased S3 I have no idea what Shadow Lords is all about lol. Fighting green generic dudes doesn't sound all that great.

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 06:56:17 PM »

I'm slightly embarrassed to say I also havent bought Season 3 yet. I havent done much gaming at all though, its not that I have anything against S3.

shakur123

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 01:27:07 PM »

I play it a few times, and the only thing i like its the story. Anyone know how many battles does shadow lords had?

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 09:41:37 AM »

I tried it for the first time last night. I only did the first "fight" it was more a tutorial. Is this meant to be a story mode or is it one of those modes to teach you how to play as each character? I like Mortal Kombats story mode, it forces you to at least play as new characters. I don't want to have to learn every characters in this. I can say it has made me want to go back to it, I'll probably give it more of a try later today.

Kk-Man

• Awesome Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: MadMetalKaiser
  • It's da way you move, to da killa groove.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 04:18:26 PM »

I played a lot before figuring things out in shadow lords:

The goal is to fight Gargos... but to achieve this you must take some of his powers from him or he will be very strong.
How ?
The mode is turn based, at every turn, you can use items, craft items, heal your fighters and complete some missions. Those missions consist of taking down "mimics" which are clone of the KI roster made by Gargos to conquer earth. You can take three fighters in your team. There's also some side quests and some story related quests with real KI characters involved.
If you succeed a mission, the corruption level of the continent where the battle takes place goes down, retarding the arrival of Gargos.
When a corruption gauge goes above a certain point, an Omen comes, if you take him down, Gargos lose one of his abilities, if you lose, he keeps it and will be stronger in the boss fight.
You can take down three of Gargos abilities, he will always keep some.
The thing is you want to fight Gargos but you need to make him weak enough, so you'll have to fight those Omen when they come, but you do not want them to come at the same turn because they can be tough to beat.

You often have between 3 or 5 missions each turn and can only use each of your fighters once a turn, you can also use two fighters for one mission (the ones where you get to fight multiple mimics for example) and when the mission is over your lifebar doesn't refiil, you have to use items to get life back or use healing items that works 3 turns and gives you life back at the end of a turn (if your character dies, you have to resurect him) thus making you choose some missions over others and so the ones you don't do make the corruption gauge level up in a certain continent.

So basically, you need to fight three Omens, each one of them will come when a continent gets corrupted enough by the Shadow Lord, but you'll have to make sure they don't come at the same time or too close to each other because you may want to make sur you have the right item to fight properly, which may take you some turns to get, or use your main against them, to be sure you'll win the fight.

When three Omen are defeated, just let the corruption go up in every continent and Gargos will come.
Stronger or weaker depending on you.
You get only one try against him with you three characters.

You get to unlock all kinds of documents about the background of the game, you can unlock the mimic skins for each character involved, and there is a "story" if you follow the good missions with the good characters.
I think it's really well done for what it is. But it's clearly not what people might expect from a fighting game, still, i like it. There's a good challenge and a good replay value, i don't care for the unlockables personally but it's a nice addition.
I would have liked a stage for every character, danger moves and ultimates but it's okay.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke