KI Audio Rips!! - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Downloads
Forum

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1744
Latest: Kerthpar
New This Month: 258
New This Week: 243
New Today: 49
Stats
Total Posts: 10717
Total Topics: 1439
Most Online Today: 689
Most Online Ever: 1107
(January 15, 2020, 09:55:25 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 373
Total: 373
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: KI Audio Rips!!  (Read 86011 times)

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
Re: KI Audio Rips!!
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2015, 05:48:24 PM »

Oh, I'm willing rip the MKs... MK3 is done, I've started on UMK3.  The hardest part is tracking down all the audio.  There are basically 32,768 potential audio tracks and I don't know of a way to quickly search for the handful that are actually used... so I have to let the program try and play one at a time.  I stopped at 21,000 for MK3, but I might go back to it later and check the remaining 11,768 tracks, lol.

If anyone has a way to quickly scan the ROMs for actual audio that would save me a ton of work and I could do all the games in less than a day.

As for adding extra dead audio.... I'm not sure I can... maybe?  What's the issue you're having?

If they're playing too fast there's usually a setting in an audio playing program that should delay between tracks.  For Foobar2000 there's this plug in:
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_dsp_silence

I'm using a program called "Silence Remover v1.1" that auto cuts the dead audio on the WAVs.  Was the easiest and quickest thing I could find to cut down 500+ files almost instantly.  Saves a ton of MB too.

I have the threshold set at "digital zero" so it shouldn't be cutting anything off, but I can't set a time limit either like (0.05 seconds after the audio mark).  Adding dead audio should be pretty easy though... I'm also using a program called Wave Editor v3.3.3.0 that should be able to add a section of dead audio at the end, but I don't see a batch operation mode.

I'll search and see what other free and open silence type remover is out there... any ideas?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 05:53:35 PM by teknomedic »

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2015, 06:02:39 PM »

Found a program called WavTrim v2.24 here:
http://www.mptrim.com/WavTrim.html

On a quick look it seems I can set it to add a half second of silence.  Seems you could also batch add the silence to whatever WAVs you wanted.

Biggest downside, if all you have are the FLACs you might need to convert back to WAV first to do it.

I'll see about switching to this program, seems there are more options.  Will just depend if it's as easy and quick to use. :)

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2015, 06:15:45 PM »

From what I've read, Audacity should be able to batch add silence to the FLACs you have as well... but after reading a bit it's getting into a realm of "That's on you to do" lol.

Here's a topic that "sounds" like he wants silence (unless padding is something else).
http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=87267

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2015, 07:42:02 AM »

yea the verbiage ends a hair abruptly, I think that .5 will make it sound more natural.

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2015, 01:06:16 PM »

I asked the forums to see what might be found... seems this person gave me exactly what you're looking for...
http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=87335

Looks like you can load up Audacity and add in that plug-in, then run a chain to batch process all my FLACs.... or if you still have the WAVs from an earlier release you should be able to batch run them using WavTrim and add the silence there too.

I don't disagree with you that they "end suddenly" to the ear, but removing that silence does save on the space a bit.  Granted a 0.5 second padding would likely only add a few MB over 500ish files though.

Does anyone else want this?  I find I prefer the current cut off (especially useful when using these as windows sounds).  Thoughts?

Kk-Man

• Awesome Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: MadMetalKaiser
  • It's da way you move, to da killa groove.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2015, 10:59:02 AM »

I just post to show some support.
Keep going man !

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2015, 08:01:02 PM »

Done and Done... "v6 Final" is uploading now.

This includes 0.4secs of silence added to the end of the files as requested. ;)

I also managed to include more, but be far smaller than previous releases.

What's included:
Music/SFX - (Arcade)-Killer Instinct
Music/SFX - (SNES)-Killer Instinct
Music - (Game Boy)-Killer Instinct
Music/SFX - (Arcade)-Killer Instinct 2
Music - (Nintendo 64)-Killer Instinct Gold
CD Rip - Killer Cuts
CD Rip - Killer Instinct Gold Cuts
Concept KI3 Theme
Pics - Jpeg files used in ID3 tags
Readme Files
updated kinst.lst & kinst.lst files for M1
"Complete Soundtrack" pic

Size... 1.2GB in a 7zip Archive. (a little less than 1.3GB Extracted)

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2015, 12:11:09 AM »

download is up... enjoy

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2015, 10:26:57 AM »

Downloading it now, going to flag football to watch my little buddy play, ill check it out when we get home.

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2015, 08:01:26 PM »

Let me know how I did... criticism can only help me improve... or at least make me release a v7 final, lmao. ;)

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2015, 03:11:45 PM »

edited first post, torrent added, direct download removed.

shakur123

« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2015, 08:56:38 AM »

Can someone upload the new version to mega or other sites? the forum for the torrent ask for registration, then download a file, put a password and im stuck in there >:(

i really appreciated

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2015, 02:40:08 PM »

I'm not following your problem.  Can you elaborate?

Yes, you do need to register an account, but you shouldn't need to go the forums there.  Once you have an account and you search for "Killer Instinct" in the "torrents" section you should only have to click on the little "floppy disk" icon in the "DL" section of the page that loads.  That should bring you to the torrent file download to load into your client.

Keep in mind that it's also a ratio site and they really do enforce it.  When I first joined I was able to download a few torrents to get started, but please continue to seed when your done.  They also have many "free" torrents that you can download and they won't count against your ratio, including many of the primary MAME ones like ROMs and CHDs. 

Pleasuredome is a nice place especially if you're into any MAME.  They update regularly and have the most up to date and extensive collection of gaming type torrents I've seen.  They do have some "banned" systems or ROMs.... I seem to recall Space Ace and others being banned after it was re-released on DVD, but not sure that's still true.

It's been a long time since I was a new member though, so it's possible some of the registration rules have changed.  If others are having issues too I can make the torrent a "free" torrent on the site to avoid seed ratio issues, but I don't want your goal to be "grab and run". :)

If you need more help you can PM me. :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:46:45 PM by teknomedic »

shakur123

« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2015, 06:13:44 PM »

After the registration they asked you to download a torrent and input a password to search and download any torrents... :-\

I cant find the pass to input into the forum

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2015, 07:43:40 AM »

strange... I assume you finished your registration through email and tried your account password?

Are you able to download any of the "free" torrents?

I'm personally at a loss... could be something new???  IDK, you might have to ask in their forums and see what they say.  Sorry you're having issues though.

Anyone else having this problem?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke