KI Audio Rips!! - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Downloads
Forum

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1402
Latest: janicepz1
New This Month: 24
New This Week: 19
New Today: 19
Stats
Total Posts: 10694
Total Topics: 1434
Most Online Today: 143
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: KI Audio Rips!!  (Read 81750 times)

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
Re: Arcade Audio Rips?
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2015, 09:24:57 PM »

Hope the file names and quality are acceptable... not sure how they compare to other previous rips.

Gruntzilla94

• Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2015, 10:16:51 PM »

Sorry I was a bit busy anyways I do use BridgeM1 to work with the KI sound banks.

Anyways I am right now recording all of the sound effects to KI 2 and I mean all of them, however it may take a while there are I believe a thousand or so sound effects. There are unused announcer clips and some other sound effects I will organize them into folders for what they are and that's whats probably going to take the longest.

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2015, 10:40:08 PM »

lol... that's what I'm doing now... finally figured out how to make M1 start at zero in the ROM addresses instead of 6001 as it was before, ha.

Gruntzilla94

• Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2015, 10:55:21 PM »

Oh its not a thousand around 500 it was the hex that threw me off a bit since it skips everywhere, anyways I already have them all in wav format and just need to organize them. So you can either keep going or I can upload them in a little bit.

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2015, 11:23:48 PM »

Please upload what you get... I'll keep going, my OCD won't let me stop... and then I plan to make a new .lst file for M1 and do my best to add titles and stuff.... but that's obviously going to take a day or two.

If you know the starting/ending address of the various banks that would help me some, if not no big deal... I'll just let it run the whole ROM set and see what I get.

Gruntzilla94

• Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2015, 11:55:02 PM »

Remember the first day that I commented? Well I finished a list with all the sound effects in about an hour or so with names as to what I knew and didn't name what I didn't know. Anyways I have edited the list and it is something that I will share, even though the audio rips are also attached here. Also I think I found some file which may be Sabrewulf but I called them Unknown under the characters folder because I don't recognize them for Sabrewulf and I don't know, so you can say that it was Sabrewulf and make me feel dumb for thinking it was something else. (Don't really blame me I am not a Sabrewulf player and I forgot Sabrewulf's sounds in KI 2 except for the obvious ones)

Every KI 2 Sound effect (In Wav): https://www.mediafire.com/?q8524usdfiag7a9

My KI 2 List File (For anyone that is using BridgeM1 so you don't have to do it  :) ): https://www.mediafire.com/?z3xgmq0lh1rkc01

If you want I can make those music tracks unless someone else wants to, I actually don't mind though. I actually like doing these kind of things.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:19:12 AM by Gruntzilla94 »

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2015, 12:22:40 AM »

That's a really nice update to the kinst2.lst file and looks complete based on what I've ripped so far (maybe 3/4?)

I'll have a listen... don't feel bad, I don't know every sound either, ha.  ...but I am a Sabrewulf player so I'm more likely to pickup on his sounds than any other character.

I'll go through it and bring it in line with my previous kinst.lst file for my OCD... like time lengths and my labeling method.

I also ran into an audio glitch with M1 where if a long loop was playing with no fade out the beginning of the next audio file would have a "left over" effect from the previous track.  Did you happen to have this issue or notice any glitches?

Not a big deal again, I'll apply my work around for my ripping.

Again, thank you for the kinst2.lst file, good work.  You certainly saved me some time.  Once I'm done editing and encoding I'll upload my cleaned up versions of the kinst.lst and kinst2.lst files.  I currently need them in their messed up state so I can ensure clean WAVs, ha.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:33:44 AM by teknomedic »

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2015, 12:36:25 AM »

Not that I want to add more work for myself... but... I wonder if there's any audio changes in the Prototype ROMs, ha.

Gruntzilla94

• Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2015, 12:40:03 AM »

That's a really nice update to the kinst2.lst file and looks complete based on what I've ripped so far (maybe 3/4?)

I'll go through it and bring it in line with my previous kinst.lst file for my OCD... like time lengths and my labeling method.

I also ran into an audio glitch with M1 where if a long loop was playing with no fade out the beginning of the next audio file would have a "left over" effect from the previous track.  Did you happen to have this issue or notice any glitches?

Not a big deal again, I'll apply my work around for my ripping.

Again, thank you for the kinst2.lst file, good work.

Oh yeah I know about that glitch, its as you said just an audio glitch, anyways to make it leave the only thing you do is to make something that can end after recording the sound you want, but im pretty sure you figured that out. Anyways thats the only glitch I know of.

Just an FYI I have used M1 in the past (Like back in 2009 or so), I just never decided to use it to rip for something like here mostly because I was mostly into ripping just small things just so I can listen to them, like music from some other Arcade games. So I know all the tricks to the program and all the problems and the sound glitch is the only problem that really hurts the audio being ripped.

Also just to let anyone who is working with those image viewers you cannot use the chd, this is because a chd is a "compressed hard drive" file and what you need is the img file which is the uncompressed hard drive file, that is the only way to access the graphics data as the chd is only read by MAME.

Not that I want to add more work for myself... but... I wonder if there's any audio changes in the Prototype ROMs, ha.

The only difference in the prototype roms is only the boot rom which contains game code. The other eproms contain the DCS or Midway Digital Compression System data, which is where all the sound effects are.

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2015, 07:30:32 AM »

Quick question for you... I assume you're using the auto file name generation of M1 and then manually renaming the sounds you recognize, yes?  Or do you happen to have some faster method of generating the .lst names or file names?

I think the last time I looked into this was like a year or two before M1 was released... then I simply forgot and didn't care so much until I bought the new KI soundtracks, ha.  Just my luck, oh well.

Yeah, didn't take me long to notice that audio glitch and sort out the fix for it.

Good tip on the CHDs... it's obvious to me since I've worked with CHDs on and off for a while, but I forget others may not realize they're compressed or might cause issues in viewing the contents.

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2015, 07:44:26 AM »

Everything I had and then some, cant wait for KI2.

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2015, 09:53:56 AM »

Just a heads up that I'm going to make some slight changes to a few of the KI file names, the encoding or data won't change, just some file names.

Then, once I'm done editing the kinst2.lst file to my tastes, ripping and encoding KI2, I'll then re-upload the KI file with my changes as well as KI2 along with my updated "readme" and my modified ".lst" files.

You shouldn't have to redownload the KI audio files, unless you're OCD and don't want to manually rename some files, ha.

For those that are wondering what I'm doing...
I rip to wav, then remove any silence from the beginning and ends of the files, then add "fade outs" to the looping files that don't end, then encode to FLAC.

Gruntzilla94

• Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2015, 01:18:10 PM »

Quick question for you... I assume you're using the auto file name generation of M1 and then manually renaming the sounds you recognize, yes?  Or do you happen to have some faster method of generating the .lst names or file names?

I think the last time I looked into this was like a year or two before M1 was released... then I simply forgot and didn't care so much until I bought the new KI soundtracks, ha.  Just my luck, oh well.

Yeah, didn't take me long to notice that audio glitch and sort out the fix for it.

Good tip on the CHDs... it's obvious to me since I've worked with CHDs on and off for a while, but I forget others may not realize they're compressed or might cause issues in viewing the contents.

I had the .lst open while I worked and added in every number and name to each of the sound effects that I recognized, as you can see I wrote down the word "sound" and a number for each one I didn't recognize. It was a lot faster for me since I typed it all out quite fast.

The problem with the chd is the fact that only MAME can access them so the graphic viewers won't read them at all, thus just spitting out errors so yeah that's why it needs to be uncompressed to work.

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2015, 02:20:34 PM »

@ Gruntzilla94
...or anyone else, ha.

I could use some help labeling some more audio for KI.  Here's a section I'm working on.

I'm also not 100% that KI is complete... from what I can tell I've only run into a couple of "death" sounds"... unless others simply don't have them?

Also, please double check my labels too...I'm not 100% on a few.

Anyway... here's the file for BridgeM1.

FILE UPDATE (a few more entries, corrected start):
https://mega.nz/#!B1tiFbIA!XOl4e_eIExr1-rDkG6O-X8avn5-UE_Isn4EqVOl4OHs

Thanks for any help. :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 04:43:03 PM by teknomedic »

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2015, 05:33:29 PM »

The above file is about as far as I can go without playing the game for a few days to refresh my memory, ha.

I do know a few other sounds, but I'm just stumped on what to call them... like the swoosh noise that plays for the screen moving away in 3D after you continue a game post game over... ha, how do you label that? ;)

I also found more sounds generally around the 0x70 mark and beyond, but they all appear to be duplicates... or perhaps a nuance on memory addresses repeating.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke