Buy Now
KI Audio Rips!! - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Killer Instinct (Arc)
Killer Instinct 2
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Forum

Recent News

02/06/17: Sneak Peak At Ultimates for Killer Instinct

10/30/16: Get the Killer Instinct Season 3 Soundtrack here.

07/20/16: Pre-order Killer Instinct Definitive Edition here!

07/17/16: The Killer Instinct Definitive Edition is coming Sept 20th!

News Archive

Killer Instinct TV

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1460
Latest: Nafalemei
New This Month: 183
New This Week: 72
New Today: 13
Stats
Total Posts: 10662
Total Topics: 1420
Most Online Today: 115
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 93
Total: 93
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: KI Audio Rips!!  (Read 47681 times)

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
KI Audio Rips!!
« on: August 17, 2015, 02:22:46 PM »

Update....
"Killer Instinct Audio Collection (MxM v6 Final)" torrent is up and running!!

(yes, version 6.0... I really did have that much change over the last week or two)

Sign-in or Register to get the torrent here:
http://www.pleasuredome.org.uk/
Download Size is ~1.3GB

Simply search for "killer instinct" in the torrents section once you've logged in.  If you've already downloaded the set and would like to help seed, just put all your files in the root directory "Killer Instinct Audio Collection (MxM v6 Final)" and point your favorite torrent application there. :)

The v6 set includes 0.4secs of silence added to the end of the files as requested. ;)  ...and I also managed to include more data, but be far smaller than previous releases.

What's included:
Music/SFX - (Arcade)-Killer Instinct (FLAC)
Music/SFX - (SNES)-Killer Instinct (FLAC/WAV)
Music - (Game Boy)-Killer Instinct (FLAC)
Music/SFX - (Arcade)-Killer Instinct 2 (FLAC)
Music - (Nintendo 64)-Killer Instinct Gold (FLAC)
CD Rip - Killer Cuts (FLAC)
CD Rip - Killer Instinct Gold Cuts (FLAC)
Concept KI3 Theme (MP3)
Pics - Jpeg files used in ID3 tags
Readme Files
updated kinst.lst & kinst.lst files for M1
"Complete Soundtrack" pic

Future release... MK2, MK3 and UMK3 are next on my list and will be a new and separate collection from the KI set.  I'm looking into the Original Mortal Kombat, but I've found that Mortal Kombat has serious bugs in M1 though so I'm not certain I'll ever get a clean release of Mortal Kombat... at least until someone updates M1 to a much needed version 2.  It's been like 8 years guys come on! ha. :)

(Original Post)
Hi all,  I assume I can discuss this here since I see KIO hosts some sound rips and such... anyway...

Has anyone done a full audio rip of all the sounds and music from the KI and KI2 arcades? (Bonus, SNES and N64?... Mega Bonus Xbox One?, ha)  The sound bites section here is basically what I'm looking for, but it seems that it's missing a lot of audio still like from KI2.

Ideally looking for FLAC or Lossless type encodes if possible, ha

I did find someone else that ripped some from KI arcade using MAME, but only encoded at 128kbps (three years ago... 128kbps?...really?!)... and from his "Read Me" he adds... "...All I really did was Fire Up Audacity and hit Record while KI was running in a Window with the Audio Out Jack hooked into the Microphone In-Jack..."  Obviously this is a pretty bad way to do this, I'm looking for the audio files or data being ripped directly from the ROMs.

If someone hasn't done this I'm willing to take on this challenge, but could use some direction in what program to use, how to rip from the ROMs or HDD images, etc.  I own a KI arcade cab and have both KI and KI2 PCBs and hard drives as well as all ROM versions & HDD images for MAME I can find so I do have access to make this happen.

I also have SNES and N64 ROM images (yes, I own the carts too) and I've done some ripping of NES audio in the past, so I assume these would be the easiest ones to rip for me currently, but it's been a long time.

I also have the original Killer Cuts CD... I might have the Gold Cuts CD too, but they've been in storage so long I can't fully recall, ha.

Basically, I bought the new KI Season 1 & KI Season 2 Soundtracks from Google Play today (don't even get me started on the best quality being 320Kbps via Google or 256Kbps AAC from Apple, meh) and it put me on a KI audio kick, ha. ;)

Thanks for any info or help. :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 02:08:52 PM by teknomedic »

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
Re: Arcade Audio Rips?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 02:38:49 PM »

Found SNES KI rips (still need arcade, ha)... I haven't looked super close so not sure what might be missing if anything or if all three sets are the same files cloned....

KI Beta
http://snesmusic.org/v2/profile.php?profile=set&selected=1399

KI Europe
http://snesmusic.org/v2/profile.php?profile=set&selected=1400

KI US
http://snesmusic.org/v2/profile.php?profile=set&selected=1401
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 02:47:40 PM by teknomedic »

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 02:48:44 PM »

On a quick search, there's a program called "M1" that can rip audio from MAME, but it sounds like 1) it's DOS based and 2) doesn't work on all games.... how much you want to bet it won't work on KI or KI2? ha.

http://rbelmont.mameworld.info/?page_id=223
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 02:50:16 PM by teknomedic »

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 05:46:46 PM »

I've done a lot of searching on this years ago. Trying to access the .chd file has proven to be impossible for me. With the game being emulated on Xbox One, I'm thinking Code Mystics either has the original files or a way to edit the game slightly to remove the Nintendo references. Obviously they're highly unlikely to help out in ripping audio from the game lol.

I was very pleased to get the files hosted here, it's by far the best I've run across even if its incomplete. When I asked the guy (possibly girl?) how it was done they wouldnt share the secrets.

As far as the audio bit rate goes: I'd think the arcade version is a pretty low bit rate itself. I could easily be wrong, but the hardware is from 1994/96 and I'd have to guess the audio files weren't the highest quality. If you do come across better stuff please share it, I'd be glad to host it. I love the classic arcade games and its really nice when people dig into them to find hidden secrets.

Gruntzilla94

• Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 07:27:15 PM »

Hello, I am an arcade game hacker I usually work with Primal Rage 2 but I have been able to access the Killer Instinct 1 and 2 audio banks. The chd or hard drive have no sounds on them, in fact the hard drives are just graphics the sound is on the eproms, why else would the game say danger if no hard drive is connected if the audio is on the hard drive.
Anyways I can get you the music for both games however since there are many sound effects in both KI 1 and 2 it might take a while to get the sound effects but music I can for sure get if you want. I just need to know how long you want the looping tracks to take, like I was thinking maybe 10 minutes or so. I will try making them Flacs since I record in wav and the wavs I get are pretty huge around 100MB if you want 10 minutes. If you want I recorded Kim Wu's theme and I can upload it as a sample of the quality of the music. It is a wav at 114 MB (Its 10 minutes and a couple of seconds, bit rate is 1536kbps) could convert to Flac if that's too high for anyone (Will try to keep the same bit rate if I can while converting).

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 08:29:21 PM »

Hello, I am an arcade game hacker I usually work with Primal Rage 2 but I have been able to access the Killer Instinct 1 and 2 audio banks. The chd or hard drive have no sounds on them, in fact the hard drives are just graphics the sound is on the eproms, why else would the game say danger if no hard drive is connected if the audio is on the hard drive.
Anyways I can get you the music for both games however since there are many sound effects in both KI 1 and 2 it might take a while to get the sound effects but music I can for sure get if you want. I just need to know how long you want the looping tracks to take, like I was thinking maybe 10 minutes or so. I will try making them Flacs since I record in wav and the wavs I get are pretty huge around 100MB if you want 10 minutes. If you want I recorded Kim Wu's theme and I can upload it as a sample of the quality of the music. It is a wav at 114 MB (Its 10 minutes and a couple of seconds, bit rate is 1536kbps) could convert to Flac if that's too high for anyone (Will try to keep the same bit rate if I can while converting).

Thanks for joining! Please post or send anything you get out of them! We've never had any KI2 voices/sound effects so that would be exciting, especially if you find unused stuff.

I'll credit you with whatever I post. If you need to email anything you can send it to CXK@killerinstinctonline.net

Gruntzilla94

• Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 09:20:22 PM »

Thanks for joining! Please post or send anything you get out of them! We've never had any KI2 voices/sound effects so that would be exciting, especially if you find unused stuff.

I'll credit you with whatever I post. If you need to email anything you can send it to CXK@killerinstinctonline.net

Alright I would love to find some unused stuff, I never really went into KI 2 sounds so that would be cool, who knows maybe the vampire characters name could still be in the sound banks.

Anyways here is the Kim Wu theme that I ripped just to let you guys listen in on how high quality of a rip I can get. (You don't have to download it to hear it however if you do it will be around 100MB)

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/p57b1ddqsi9dsgc/Killer_Instinct_2_Kim_Wu_Stage.wav

I can get rips for all the music if you like the quality for both KI 1 and 2.

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 11:26:29 PM »

It would be amazing if you do this for us... I know I'm not the only one looking for this.   I'm personally looking for everything, but I'm sure most are just looking for the music.

Having a 10 min loop of each track would work well i think,  then people could just cut it down to whatever length they wanted.

WAV works for me too if you'd like to save a step.... Basically I'm trying to get as close to source or lossless as possible.

If you don't have the time to rip all the audio effects and voices that's okay,  but please PM with the info about the software you're using so i can attempt myself.

If there's a way to rip the actual audio clip data.... Like on NES they call the raw data NSF...  I'd be very interested in that as well.

Thank you again.... Hopefully this project will finally happen.   It's been something I've been trying to find for a long time,  ha
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 11:35:40 PM by teknomedic »

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 07:45:17 AM »

I'm pretty sure I have arcade rips of both games, ill check my collection later as I need to be responsible and get to work haha.

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 11:33:21 AM »

I'm pretty sure I have arcade rips of both games, ill check my collection later as I need to be responsible and get to work haha.

What? Screw work! hahah

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 07:45:19 PM »

If you do that would be awesome.  In the mean time I'll attempt to look at the KI ROMs and see what I can learn from Google.

Kk-Man

• Awesome Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: MadMetalKaiser
  • It's da way you move, to da killa groove.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 09:53:17 PM »

I'm very interested in this too.

For the snes version the best way to get the sounds would be te play the .spc files through an snes audio chip with an SNES APU module.
It sounds really good and it's not emulated like if you use the winamp plugin.
http://www.caitsith2.com/snes/apu.htm
http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/snes_apu/snes_apu.php
Example:
http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/snes_apu/aquatic_ambiance.ogg

For the N64 version, there is an audio tool made by the guys at GoldeneyeVault that is made to extract Midi samples and sound effects.
I tried it, it works but some samples needs to be played the right way to sound how they are meant to.
http://www.goldeneyevault.com/files.php?mode=11
After that i guess you put the samples on the midi "track" using a sound software to get the "songs" but that's out of knowledge.
You can at least get the voice effects with that tool.

As for the arcade versions, i have absolutely no idea how to do but Gruntzilla seems to know so that would be amazing to have a full quality rip.
Also if he can find some Vampire character related stuff that would be fantastic but i highly doubt it because i remember someone from Rare saying there was only a walking animation.

I posted a topic about that tool a long time ago:
http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/7332-Killer-Instinct-Image-View
It scrolls through the data of the drives.
I used it to get my banner image, it works great for stages but character sprites doesn't appear, anyway this is off topic.
Looking forward to this topic guys.

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 10:08:21 PM »

I think I have access to the data... currently using the "M1" program and "BridgeM1 for Windows"... I can play all the sounds and music... long list, lol.  About to try some WAV rips.  Anyone have a good place to share a sample or two?

Tracked them down here:
http://www.pinsound.org/sounds-rom-file-extraction/

Also, just a small FYI or info thread... didn't really help me, but just a random find that might help someone else later....
http://www.hcs64.com/mboard/forum.php?showthread=35663

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 10:25:48 PM »

I've got clean WAVs, woohoo... but there are like over 1500 separate sounds, lol.  The stage music is maybe a little frustrating.  They're short clips so the game obviously uses a "loop", but I'm not seeing it repeat smoothly, so either this method doesn't 100% work or the game loops at a certain memory address after playing the intro of the stage music.  Shouldn't be impossible to cut and paste the WAV correctly, but at this point it's a manual process that I haven't looked into yet.

I also have to rename each WAV file myself... again, a slow manual process. lol.

teknomedic

• Triple Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 01:43:22 AM »

Finding that this method may be a bit limited.  When I load KI2 I get only a handful of files vs the too many to count KI files.  I appears the program is only accessing the data based on pre-made memory address table and it doesn't appear that I can go "exploring" on my own into the ROM data.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke