Microsoft introduces new composers for season 3 soundtrack - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Downloads
Forum

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1398
Latest: MontySchla
New This Month: 94
New This Week: 92
New Today: 24
Stats
Total Posts: 10707
Total Topics: 1429
Most Online Today: 178
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 125
Total: 125

Author Topic: Microsoft introduces new composers for season 3 soundtrack  (Read 26652 times)

Kk-Man

• Awesome Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: MadMetalKaiser
  • It's da way you move, to da killa groove.
    • View Profile
Microsoft introduces new composers for season 3 soundtrack
« on: August 06, 2015, 11:10:56 AM »

Mick Gordon retire from the game and two new composers replace him, Atlas Plug and Celldweller.
Read the article on Ultra-Combo about it, Mick gives a few words about his experience, and the new guys are introduced.
http://www.ultra-combo.com/introducing-atlas-plus-celldweller-composers-for-season-3/

They already did the track for Rash's Trailer:
https://soundcloud.com/killerinstinct-official/killer-instinct-season-3-rash-trailer-music-track

Mick Gordon's message:
To my dearest Killer Instinct friends,

I give the greatest thanks to you all for your incredible support and trust with this kick-ass fighting game.  I’ve been a devoted fan of Killer Instinct for 22 years and it has been a dream, an honor and great privilege to be involved in the reimagining of the Ultratech universe.   The opportunity to dabble in the world laid down by Robin Beanland, Graeme Norgate and the rest of the exceptional team at Rare has been an absolute dream…

Friends, I’m sad to say that the time has come for me to move on to something new.

I’d like to shout out a massive heart-felt thanks to Double Helix Games, Microsoft and Iron Galaxy for allowing me to share in this truly amazing experience.  These passionately dedicated teams have been an endless source of inspiration and they all share a deep, infectious love of the Killer Instinct universe.  Speaking as a fan, we’ve all been incredibly lucky to have these groovy people behind the development of KI.

And to you, the fans that have made all this hard work and late-nights worthwhile, I thank you from the bottom of my linker-parry-windkick-quartercircle-monster-combo-heart.  I’ve absolutely adored every tweet, forum post, email, FB message, letter, handshake, hug and fistbump.  Your endless support and encouragement is the driving force behind the Killer Instinct sound.  We do this for you.  There would be no KI without you.  Thank you.  Keep blocking, spot those lights/mediums/heavies, trick a lock-out and go in for Ultra.

I’d also like to give a shout out to my fabulous team of collaborators, musicians, singers, lyricists, translators and engineers.  Thanks to you all for lending your fabulous skills and knowledge to the Killer Instinct soundtrack!

I wish Iron Galaxy and Microsoft the very best with the future of KI and I’m incredibly excited to see (and play!) what’s in store for Season 3!!!

Party on, dudes!

ULLLLTRRAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
-Mick
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 07:03:23 PM by CXK »

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
Re: Microsoft introduces new composers for season 3 soundtrack
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 06:59:12 PM »

I'm pretty sad that Mick is leaving. Hopefully he's too busy or is moving on to better things. The new guys have big shoes to fill, I feel for them haha.

Kk-Man

• Awesome Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: MadMetalKaiser
  • It's da way you move, to da killa groove.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 08:15:40 PM »

I'm pretty sad that Mick is leaving. Hopefully he's too busy or is moving on to better things. The new guys have big shoes to fill, I feel for them haha.
Same here, but the trailer music they did is great.
Let's just wait to see how much of variety they are able to handle.

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 08:39:57 AM »

he has been hands down the best part of the game and out of it all kept it feeling "KI".

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke