Ghost Girl (Hisako) - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Downloads
Forum

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1637
Latest: Purrity
New This Month: 213
New This Week: 52
New Today: 43
Stats
Total Posts: 10698
Total Topics: 1435
Most Online Today: 245
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 203
Total: 203
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ghost Girl (Hisako)  (Read 32508 times)

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Girl (Hisako)
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 10:33:15 PM »

I feel your being too emotional with it, season 1 mechanically plays better then season 2. New mechanics are welcome in addition to the core mechanics  which IG hasn't kept up with and admit they need to work on. I don't think Sadira fits, she's a underdeveloped addition but fits way better then Aganos and possibly Hisako.

The archtypes overall are poorly fleshed out, calling Thunder a grappler is an insult to grapplers and you want to talk about drastically breaking the flow of the game? See how Aganos plays and the characters that cannot jump over him. That breaks some core game play mechanics.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:37:39 AM by Eclipso »

beary2006

• Solid Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: jamey2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2015, 12:13:20 PM »

Very well put bro I agree totally

NAQProductions

• Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 03:48:55 PM »

Yea I was also never really a fan of Sadira. She is a very cool character, but never felt she had the feel that I expect. Air combos and air based fighters weren't ever a KI thing. Does that mean they can't be? Maybe, maybe not, but to me I don't care for it. She's well designed but does seem to fit MK better, especially in aesthetics. I also didn't care much for them (DH) making Chief Thunder a slow lumbering grappler, though they still kept his moves mostly intact. Spinal is also missing his signature morph and Riptor is still just a generic raptor with metal pieces slapped on, but those are all sliding off topic. I tried out Aganos finally, and found him as fun as Juggernaut, played with him for maybe 10 minutes and had enough. I'm just hoping they develop the rest of the old cast before more new characters, and flesh out the rest of the core game before any other slew of new characters. Story mode, stage fatals, No Mercies, still waiting for a solid actual game to play with all the old familiars.

Hypermcker360

• Awesome Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: HyperMCKER360
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 04:49:00 AM »

I think what all the fans are yearning are just to have all the fighters on that roster,  Tusk, kim, gargos and even eyedol, with these fighters back, in Ki is complete. Ghost girl does not fire me up, Aganos did, but playing him  :(
I just want all cast back, Arcade mode, and Ultimates.

JSRT

• Quad Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 05:11:30 PM »

I feel your being too emotional with it, season 1 mechanically plays better then season 2. New mechanics are welcome in addition to the core mechanics  which IG hasn't kept up with and admit they need to work on. I don't think Sadira fits, she's a underdeveloped addition but fits way better then Aganos and possibly Hisako.

The archtypes overall are poorly fleshed out, calling Thunder a grappler is an insult to grapplers and you want to talk about drastically breaking the flow of the game? See how Aganos plays and the characters that cannot jump over him. That breaks some core game play mechanics.

Thunder is a "grappler" in much the same way Alex from SF 3 is a grappler ( not to mention DH described him as a grappler way be when he was reintroduced, did you think it was an insult then?) Not being able to jump over Aganos doesn't break the game at all, if characters were unable to throw him that might have been more of a problem then simply not being able to jump over him. Nothing IG has done thus far has been the least bit "game breaking" as of yet with the new characters. As for being too "emotional" whatever that means, it's more about people not coming up with any convincing arguments against the new characters and how they are not supposed to "fit in" with a game that already had a wide variety of playstyles with it's characters thus far.

Just seems like complaining for the sake of complaining. So far both characters have been pretty well received, Hisako most of all especially since they showed off the finished version during last week's stream in any case. *shrugs*

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2015, 08:31:44 PM »

Thunder is a "grappler" in much the same way Alex from SF 3 is a grappler ( not to mention DH described him as a grappler way be when he was reintroduced, did you think it was an insult then?)

He has one command grapple move, that does not make him nor anyone else a grappler. To be a true grappler you must, well...grapple and spinning around with your tomahawks and kicking your legs doesn't count. Hell, they could have faked it and given him some grapple enders. Truth be told, I did in fact have this same discussion with gamemasterguy when DH introduced him as a grappler, if your so inclined feel free to search for that, its here somewhere.

Not being able to jump over Aganos doesn't break the game at all, if characters were unable to throw him that might have been more of a problem then simply not being able to jump over him. Nothing IG has done thus far has been the least bit "game breaking" as of yet with the new characters.

Actually your just flat out incorrect. Jumping, and jumping over characters is a base core mechanic in fighting games, have some a few characters that just flat out cant do it tells me they ran into some technical issues with it and eventually had to say fuck it. That does break one of the core gameplay mechanics and that is just a fact. Core mechanics are usually an all or nothing sort of deal and if a character doesn't have a certain ability then they compensate it with something else to give that "balance". They didn't do that here.

As for being too "emotional" whatever that means, it's more about people not coming up with any convincing arguments against the new characters and how they are not supposed to "fit in" with a game that already had a wide variety of playstyles with it's characters thus far.

I have listed many reasons why they characters don't fit right now, I was going to humor you and type out all the same information about the feel and flow of the game and how its not about the aesthetics of the characters but I'm not going to, I and others have given good reasons why there are issues, some of which IG has acknowledged and to their credit are working on fixing if you want to read them, go digging through posts, I don't have the time or energy to type out a thesis on the issues with this game and how to make it better.
Pages: 1 [2]

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke