Ghost Girl (Hisako) - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Downloads
Forum

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 2421
Latest: wisyday
New This Month: 902
New This Week: 46
New Today: 46
Stats
Total Posts: 10697
Total Topics: 1434
Most Online Today: 177
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ghost Girl (Hisako)  (Read 32496 times)

Hypermcker360

• Awesome Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: HyperMCKER360
    • View Profile
Ghost Girl (Hisako)
« on: March 07, 2015, 08:39:02 AM »

What do you folks make of ghost girl, looks cool to me :)
Hype train again....
meant to be shown on at PAX east tonight..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjDvJEr5C5o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjDvJEr5C5o</a>
Edit: Added official artwork & video. (CXK)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 09:26:06 PM by CXK »

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Girl
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 12:27:51 PM »

just saw a little vid of her.
https://instagram.com/p/z765T8v3JY/

Looks fine from that little bit of footage.

beary2006

• Solid Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: jamey2013
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Girl (Hisako)
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 02:47:14 PM »

Her design just doesn't fit she plays akward cool moves but still just wonky

Hypermcker360

• Awesome Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 02:57:15 PM »

Getting like darkstalkers every minute,
Love darkstalkers , bring on cinder.... This game rocks :)

JSRT

• Quad Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 05:24:58 PM »

She looks amazing! Also has the best intro of any character so far.Someone mentioned on the vid of her fighting that she kinda reminds them of Makoto. As in really slow walk speed but really powerful/fast dash moves and i tend to agree here. I really love that brutal command grab too! Cannot wait to use her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxZBG2hkTa8&feature=youtu.be&a
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjDvJEr5C5o

Edit: Much better quality direct feed gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z11ceiVBoA8
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 06:32:12 PM by JSRT »

Lord Raven

• Extreme Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 07:41:46 PM »

any one up for her?

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 09:29:39 AM »

Here is the full pax video, the readable information out there is just as good, they dodged a lot of the questions, not that the audience was asking anything that consisted of a hard question.

One the fence with her but from what I saw I'm leaning towards her not fitting. Watch how Jago fights and how the combo's flow, watch her and its like watching a SF4 character ported into KI. Aesthetically she looks great. 

ADIDAS1984X

• Training
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: adidas1984x
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 12:58:25 PM »

i hope her stage has a finisher. I wish they would put finishers on the season 1 stages and make some ultimates!!

JSRT

• Quad Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 06:03:49 PM »

Maximillion's impressions of her. He came to the same conclusion that she is a bit like Makoto which makes me very happy since she is my main in SF.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLYzhxI0Us0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLYzhxI0Us0</a>
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:20:02 PM by CXK »

NAQProductions

• Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 07:50:56 PM »

Once again it looks like they are moving further away from KI. Another slow character who feels more like she from a more Japanese style fighter like the SF, KoF, type games. I'm starting to really lose interest and wish the DH never got bought out. I liked Kan-Ra, Maya, and Combo... but now it just feels like it's slipping way off track. I wonder if a third company will take over season 3... I hate you Microsoft.

JSRT

• Quad Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 09:16:43 PM »

lolwut? The new KI played far more like a japanese fighting game than a western one from the animations to the style of the characters and this has been true since season one. Double Helix had a lot of people who worked on Street Fighter games, just like IG had a lot of people who worked on SF and Darkstalkers. And again how are we "getting away" from the game, people say this but they refuse to elaborate on it. Every character in this game has played completely unique from the last one introduced, yet all have fit withing the play style of the game.

It's kinda funny the reaction Hisako is getting from some reminds me of the reaction that Sadira got when first shown. Remember how people said she didn't look like she belonged in KI , saying she looked like an MK character? Not to mention she is aerial character again something that was never in the old KI, not to mention she is basically KI's own Ibuki. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:25:41 PM by JSRT »

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 08:20:24 AM »

I suppose to answer the question you have to ask yourself "what is Killer Instinct?" That's everyone's personal measuring stick.

IMO from the limited footage she plays to much like she was ported from SF4 and as fun as Aganos is he feels like he was ported from a Versus game from the 90's. 

Play the season 1 characters, that's how KI plays mechanically old or new. You drop down to the season 2 grid and it almost feels like your playing a different game.

DH at least had this right and Capcom does this well also: You keep the core mechanics feeling like the games you know while modernizing and updating said mechanics and playing the two sets of characters its night and day. I wish TJ would have been in season 1 he would play better.

Hypermcker360

• Awesome Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 09:51:58 AM »

Well said, season 2 does feel different.

NAQProductions

• Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 11:45:20 AM »

Exactly. There is no set list of what a character needs to encompass in order to fit, but the core needs to be the same as it was. I'm all for creativity and doing new things with characters, but these new characters feel like they are being forced to have combos just to fit in to the KI style, when they are more designed for other fighting game styles. The best way I can think to describe it is with Soul Calibur, they went on a streak of adding guest characters from other series, and while they conformed them to the SC style the still didn't fit and your brain told you so.

JSRT

• Quad Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2015, 02:10:01 PM »

Again almost the exact same thing was said about Sadira and her aerial style which was compared to Ibuki in SF. The "core" hasn't been any different from season one from what i have been playing. If anything IG expanded on what DH did with Fulgore and characters having special meters, ( Fulgore's meter being a lot like Robo Ky from GGX)and characters like Spinal being able to cast status effects. Frankly i have yet to see any convincing arguments as to why these characters play style's don't fit into KI. Frankly i like the idea of each character playing radically different from the last. Gives the game a lot more variety and keeps it from having ten billion shoto clones like SF and other fighters do.

KI has always been about archetypes from the beginning. Difference with new KI is it's not just about movie and comic archetypes this time around but fighting game archetypes.

(Grappler, rush down, Zoner where as the old KI everyone pretty much fought the same, had a fireball and was rush down) Since the game came out nearly every character has been compared to a similar character in another game, obvious Jago= Ryu comparisons. We had New Glacius fighting style being compared to Zato-1/Eddie from GGX, Fulgore to Robo Ky from GGX, Sadira to Ibuki from SF, and now Hisako basically being KI's take on Makoto.

There has yet to be any character so far who drastically breaks the flow of the game as of yet. They play differently but still adhere to KI's style of gameplay.
Pages: [1] 2

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke