Looking for exact KI/Midway cabinet dimensions... - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Downloads
Forum

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1319
Latest: CikobaTarma
New This Month: 26
New This Week: 19
New Today: 8
Stats
Total Posts: 10682
Total Topics: 1428
Most Online Today: 167
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 123
Total: 123

Author Topic: Looking for exact KI/Midway cabinet dimensions...  (Read 7599 times)

scoodidabop

• Basic Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Creedo
    • View Profile
Looking for exact KI/Midway cabinet dimensions...
« on: March 01, 2015, 11:16:48 AM »

Hoping one of you KI or Midway cabinet owners can help me out here.  I'm build a KI 3 cabinet and I want to match the size and shape of the first two arcade games.  If you have an original cab and wouldn't mind taking a handful of dimensions for me let me know!

Thank you!

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for exact KI/Midway cabinet dimensions...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 07:36:05 AM »

I can do that, just tell me what dimensions and as long as its not too cold in the basement tonight ill grab them for you :D

scoodidabop

• Basic Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 11:38:40 AM »

I can do that, just tell me what dimensions and as long as its not too cold in the basement tonight ill grab them for you :D

Awesome thank you! If you can get them tonight that would be fantastic! I planned on starting my cuts this week but if you need to wait for some warmer temps I can wait ;)

Mostly I'm looking for the numbers in the red circles.  Many of the angles are noted here as well but with just the basic lengths I can extrapolate the angle cuts and elevations:

Some of those numbers might actually be right but again, they're based on that MK 1 cab that's slightly different.  Thank you so much for your help on this!

In case those images aren't large enough here are direct links to the full sized pics:
http://i.imgur.com/Uc7v4iE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LLT8D10.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DDzb5CD.jpg

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 07:45:14 PM »

Those bigger images actually helped, so I think his specs are just fine. For example in image 1 measuring from back to front I got 35.5 and so did he, I got 3 1/4th for the remainder and I don't see that listed for his, going up from there on the front he has 30 and I got 29 7/8th's which probably the tape measure not being in there well enough.

Image 2 I got the same numbers for the width.

Image 3  starting up top he got 20.8 I got 21. he got 7.5 I got 7.7The next two I couldn't get a decent read with the glass and monitor so my numbers were skewed a bit. the 9.15 I had 8.6 and the other angle he had 26.25 I had 25.25 based of his lines he goes deeper then I did guessing with the curves externally. His other two numbers for the box were close to mine as well.

overall I think he has the correct specs, I had variance with molding in my way and not being able to get inside to get a good measure for those two but I think you would be fine.

Let me know your thoughts, I noticed he is missing a few measurements like the bottom of the CP, I have 13 and 6/8ths or so which is close to the 14 he had.

Also I spot checked my KI2 and MK4 machines on a few specs out of curiosity and I got the same numbers with them as well. If they made any real changes to the specs over the years it wasn't much.

scoodidabop

• Basic Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 09:03:28 AM »

That's incredible helpful, thanks for that!  I'm betting the design didn't change much when the did away with the angled kickplate in favor of a straight one.  It seems like there are small variances here and there but you're right, there are mouldings in the way and might've been taken at different spots.

Great! Looks like I can get moving on this build then using your numbers.  Thanks!

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke