Pleased with Riptor! - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Downloads
Forum

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1402
Latest: janicepz1
New This Month: 24
New This Week: 19
New Today: 19
Stats
Total Posts: 10694
Total Topics: 1434
Most Online Today: 143
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 127
Total: 127

Author Topic: Pleased with Riptor!  (Read 3415 times)

MrTBlack

Pleased with Riptor!
« on: December 18, 2014, 04:24:59 PM »

I must say that after an unpolished TJ Combo and Maya I was a little bit disappointed but Riptor seems perfect! Moves fluid, has a bounce feel to her, and moves similar to the season 1 roster. I think IG is finally getting it right what do you guys think?

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
Re: Pleased with Riptor!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 04:47:37 PM »

I'll admit I'm disappointed with her look. I wanted her to look beefier. She looked far more intimidating in KI1. I havent had a chance to use her yet though so I can't say anything about that. I thinking "How the heck am I going to fight a dinosaur of this size? Im just a boxer!" back in the day haha

MrTBlack

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 04:58:25 PM »

I know she supposed to be cybernetic but I liked her as DNA of human
and dinosaur but that's not the end of the world to me. But I like the way she looks in season 2 and wanted her 2nd most next to Tusk.

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 05:48:25 PM »

I don't really care about Riptor, never have never will. That being said they did a great job with the intro, the animations while fighting (hit depth seems to deep on some moves, looks meh), her fire looks incomplete, it lacks depth, the winning pose is great except they half ass it with the "snacking on the opponent" bit, too worried about the rating I'm sure so instead they should have changed it, maybe just cut that part out.

Overall they did a good job, TJ and Maya still need some love.....

MrTBlack

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 06:09:38 PM »

I don't really care about Riptor, never have never will. That being said they did a great job with the intro, the animations while fighting (hit depth seems to deep on some moves, looks meh), her fire looks incomplete, it lacks depth, the winning pose is great except they half ass it with the "snacking on the opponent" bit, too worried about the rating I'm sure so instead they should have changed it, maybe just cut that part out.

Overall they did a good job, TJ and Maya still need some love.....

Yeah, all the important characters of KI were in season 1. Other than Combo and maybe Cinder, the rest to me are the supporting characters.
I think people just like Cinder because he was easy to use. I honestly like Cinder the least other than Maya and Kim Wu.

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 06:18:46 PM »

Cinder is the other character Im excited for but have a lot of design concerns with him. Suppose we shall see how they do it.

MrTBlack

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 06:25:29 PM »

Yup. My main concern is if Tusk doesnt make the cut. Tusk seemed more like a lead character so maybe they intend for him to be the lead character of Season 3 it happens. I like all the characters but I think we have enough mutants and need more characters based on what martial art they know rather than archetype.

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 07:41:35 PM »

I take back some of what I said. After playing a match or two she started to grow on me. Her look is still not ideal for what I had in mind but I actually had fun playing as Riptor. I'm sure they wanted her to match the look and feel of the game and having a 7 foot dino on screen wouldnt really work.

MrTBlack

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 08:34:01 PM »

I take back some of what I said. After playing a match or two she started to grow on me. Her look is still not ideal for what I had in mind but I actually had fun playing as Riptor. I'm sure they wanted her to match the look and feel of the game and having a 7 foot dino on screen wouldnt really work.

Yeah I know the staff of season 2 are being true to what's written for the characters instead of making them all the same height. Glacius is a 7ft alien, Maya a 6'0" Amazon lady, but I think a 7ft dinosaur from the shoulder is too much to ask for. But I think Tusk when he makes the cut will be about as tall as Glacius and wide as Thunder.

beary2006

• Solid Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: jamey2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 10:37:31 PM »

I agree MrTblack tj and maya needs to be alot more polished. riptor is awesome ! At first her size was an issue for me then it hit me wow "its a girl" lol her size is perfect you can tell its a female more now then in KI1

MrTBlack

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 11:28:04 PM »

@beary I agree. I think IG is getting it down more and really just practiced with TJ and Maya. Riptor was 7'0" in KI1 so making something like that fit into the screen I think is to much to ask for so I think IG did the right thing with making her 6'2". I think they'll be able to pull of Tusk (if they dare do Season 3) as 6'11" since he's human but it would too much to make a 7'0" dinosaur for KI.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke