Wow, after 15+ years of waiting.. can we agree... ball dropped!?! - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Downloads
Forum

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 2076
Latest: EdwinGeogy
New This Month: 636
New This Week: 161
New Today: 47
Stats
Total Posts: 10703
Total Topics: 1438
Most Online Today: 227
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 195
Total: 195
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Wow, after 15+ years of waiting.. can we agree... ball dropped!?!  (Read 13549 times)

LifeTimeFightingGamer

• Basic Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: jdelau2
    • View Profile

Read at your own risk...

Fan boys and fan girls please show yourself to the door because there is no bigger fan of KI than I. Look back and see when I joined this site, the quality and passion of my posts. It's all there. THERE IS NOTHING FAIR WEATHER OR BAND WAGON ABOUT ME! Sorry, but a spade is a spade.

I spent years as a kid, teen, young adult dreeeeaming of a Killer Instinct 3. SF4 drops back in what, 2008.. gives us all another breath of life in the dying fighting game industry. Oldies getting redone to fit today's gamer.

We wait 15 plus years for this game? Are we fucking serious at this point? I bought an XboxOne on Nov 22nd 2013 for this game... a year passes by and we still don't have anything that even remotely resembles a completed game. The endings are great.... for a SNES game.... (even that is debatable/false)... no finishing moves, glaring shortages and clumsiness on customization (one intro taunt/winning animation per character... play an ungodly amount to unlock costumes.... what generation is this!?!?), minuscule roster, loading time is embarrassingly slow, horribly cheap AI... worst arcade endings in fighting game history... so poor in fact and indecisive that the developers couldn't even pick one ending direction, stick with it and build it up into a credible climactic conclusion  to that characters ladder preferably CGI with voice acting, a non-existent story mode... a tutorial for only one character... wow... this is all season 1.... can it get worse!?!?

Season 2? Correct me if i'm wrong but is the endings archive gone now? At least in season one if I wasted the time unlocking ones of those whack ass fucking endings I could watch it 12 times just to feel like it occupied more than 20 seconds of my time.

So season two is not going to add features but take them away!?!? GET IT TOGETHER... Last I checked, the developers are trying to do the original justice and make a product that sells. KI one = finishing moves + legendary stage endings... KI II = more unique because finishing moves are executed while opponent was in red zone much like ultras. No sign of ANY (except 1 MEASLY stage ender)... and Microsoft and Double Helix or WHATEVER INCOMPETENT COMPANY IT IS THAT IS RESURRECTING AND SUBSEQUENTLY RUNNING THIS FRANCHISE INTO THE GROUND needs to be fucking accountable to the people who demanded this game and ultimately paid for it.

Look... it's not all bad, the actual game-play is extremely fun. 100% does the originals justice and then some.... but in 2014 for 80$ (so far) we're entitled to more as consumers.

As a lifelongfightinggamer I am DISGUSTED that a video game company (or two) is this capable of blowing something that should be a shoe in. Will I continue to play? Yes I am absolutely obsessed with fighting games. Always have been. That doesn't excuse this NY Jets esque circus I have patiently forgiven for the last year.

Dynamo

• Solid Combo
    • View Profile
Re: Wow, after 15+ years of waiting.. can we agree... ball dropped!?!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 04:00:23 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A</a>

just playing.... I agree with you 100% and I feel that the game is lacking a bit. Sure the presentation is good gameplay,design, music and especially the music is what I enjoy, but the game is indeed lacking in content and the fact that DH had to literally rush the game by making it F2P makes me sick to my stomach. It is too late for the reviewers to change their mind about it because the game is out and all they rated for was the lack of content that is why we see 6 out of 10s and so forth. the endings I do not like because it is not how I imagen the story of KI. TBH i was hoping for more of a netherealm kind of story mode where there is full cutscenes with top notch voice acting but since these are small companies I didnt really expect much. Quite frankly I dont even have an Xbox One nor Killer Instinct because one game isnt going to change the way I feel about microsoft and their bullshit, but some day I will get the game as soon as it is completed or there is content. However you have to give them credit where credit is due. We have Killer Instinct

Lord Raven

• Extreme Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 06:49:14 PM »

i won't buy it till the game is 100% completed. all we have is a living prototype of this game, nothing more

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 08:20:23 PM »

I agree with some of what you said. It is disappointing and this is my take on it.

I'll just start by saying I'm just glad we have something. I'm not saying what we have is bad though. I like the game. I think its surprisingly well made. I remember the days of dreaming about KI3 on this site. I always thought it would be a pretty bad game. I thought there was no way they could revive a game from the 90s in a genre that has largely fallen in popularity. I think that's what Microsoft was initially thinking too so they gave it a small budget. Once the game started doing well they put more effort behind it but we lost Double Helix. When DH was bought by Amazon I knew we were in for a rocky continuation of the game. You can't switch developers mid development and expect the same game. Iron Galaxy obviously and rightfully wants to shape the game how they think it should be. I'm sure there are more changes they want to make but either won't or can't because it would be too drastic. I honestly never thought we would be playing Killer Instinct on modern consoles let alone a launch title for a new Xbox. The current release schedule is beneficial to my site and keeping interest for the game up is a great move. It does seem to be jarring to fans who just want...a game. It's too bad some fans couldn't have known it would be this way for so long and just waited until its all over. I'm certain there will be a final physical release when its all finished.

You mention talking about KI3 on this site years ago. I find it extremely odd that so many of the old users of this forum have zero interest in the new game. I was so disappointed to see the hardcore fans of this site disappear when the announcement happened at E3. I know losing the old forum was devastating to this site's member base. I knew that would happen but I was stuck with a lack of options. We had countless fantasy posts about what KI3 should be like, which characters would return and what new characters might look like.

I kind of rambled here. Maybe I'm too forgiving but I'm just happy the game still lives and gets the chance to be something great. It's had a bumpy road getting started but Microsoft seems to be fully behind it now and IG is doing a good job. It will just be a while before we can finally judge the finished product.

Hypermcker360

• Awesome Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: HyperMCKER360
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 09:24:09 PM »

Well said CXK.
Totally agree.

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 10:05:42 PM »

I cant disagree with anything posted, it is what it is though, my list of grips and complaints is larger then my list of things I like about it unfortunately. I don't hate it but I'm not in love with it either.

Lord Raven

• Extreme Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 10:21:42 PM »

i find it more enjoyable with the changes IG made. to reduce the time battle it was a great idea. i sued to think that the fight took long as hell for a fighting game, also that jago in blue pissed me off, but that's besides the point. i am a KI fan. but i have an opinion about my favorite fighting game, that is still a living prototype, but i am glad it came back. you people have no idea how much i despise nintendo for almost killing KI. but i must call it like i see it. KI is a living prototype.

fowltief

• Triple Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: fowltief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 11:11:44 AM »

The game was already in the ground before. It can only go up from there.

I think we all dreamed of KI3. People would ask me what would i do if i  had a million dollars? I'd say i''d buy the rights to KI and bring it back.  Nothing at E3 made me want to get the xbox at all. It was really a shock to me when it was announced. Of all the Ips they could of chosen, of all the games that have died  they pick this one. Props  go to the person who thought of it and the people who decided yes to go with it and fund it.

When i found out that Microsoft was behind it and using a weird company and the shallow reveal trailer, I fully expected it going in to be a mess. Free to play? Not all characters? Watching it develop and seeing peoples reactions was sometimes painful. it can really hard for the average person to understand the amount of work goes into gamemaking behind the scenes and the amount of changes they go though( epically  games with high noglistica factor). Since Microsoft owns it they intentionally add their spin to it and their choice in who develops it and there is really nothing you can do about it. Sometimes i wonder what KI would look like if  Midway/Netherrealms made it. I always thought KI was the better version of MK.  I'm Surprised they even let the company go to amazon, How can you let a company go that hasn't finished the contracted project yet?

Everyone has their idea of  what the finished product would look like and seeing it not go their way makes them want to explode and give up. We cannot allow that. What we have here is a rare  seat in the company to see and influence a games creation. It is alittle slow yes, cause there is alot of feedback to go though. This is a major opportunity we can't waste. None of us were expecting it to come back. Does it hurt to wait a few more years to get a game that we created as whole?
Sure it may already be out and you can play it. Think of yourself as a game tester that has to buy their own equipment.

When they announced the kinnect less xbox, i  had already decided to use my money after going back and forth to waste it for just this one game. i only had  played the game once at the mall since then. (Got my ass handed to me by a 12 year old)  Logically it didn't make sense and i thought i was crazy for going though with it. i spent months watching these forums and several others.... my youtube account was nothing but videos after videos of people playing. I had a different opinion at the time. But as i sat down... loaded it and played it everything changed.  the combos, the timing, the music, no it's nothing like  before.. but all the elements were there.  That same  intense feeling you get pulling off ultras and breakers. all modernized. It is KI to me and it's back. People are Playing it. little kids are playing it. Future Generations will make it happen.

Has the  ball been dropped... yes... to bounce back up again.

Edit: fixed a few typos.. never rambled on for so long before.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 11:19:53 AM by fowltief »

Hypermcker360

• Awesome Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: HyperMCKER360
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 12:25:16 PM »

I bought a xbox one, on day one just to play this game,  Game was unfinished but it was amazing, and still is.
This game is up there with tekken, street fighter and MK.
I thing Iron Galaxy are doing a great job on season 2, and double helix did a amazing job on bringing back my favorite beat em up for season 1.
Top game  :) :) :) :) :) :)
Even better when Cinder and Riptor turn up :)

LifeTimeFightingGamer

• Basic Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: jdelau2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 06:37:25 PM »

As I said, the game play really nailed it. I'm in the dojo right now smacking Jago around. In essence, that is the most important thing. Glitches require tweaking in all games so it being a work in progress isn't odd at all, but if this is only a test run we're paying a hefty price to help them make more money. I am fine with that. Take my money. But when all is said and done it better be what it is supposed to be. We all want that ball to bounce back up now that it has dropped, but my xbox has been feeling like dead weight since I got it.

Overwhelmingly, I think we can all agree that they did a fantastic job at modernizing the KI game play in a way that does the originals justice. For that alone money well spent. If they stopped doing any work on KI3 this instant, i'd still take this partial game over the vast nothingness of 15 years before. But when i'm comparing an actual 2013 major console launch release (that I paid handsomely for mind you) titled "Killer Instinct 3" after playing it to a vast nothingness it's a problem.

People make it like NRS are the only ones really emphasizing the one player experience. My dudes.. BlazBlus story mode goes on forever. No fancy CGI. I'd take something like that for KI3 in 2 and half seconds. Anything. Don't come out the gates with the worst arcade endings in history though. That's actually embarrassing.

My main concern on that and from quotes i've read is the direction is seeming too Marvel vs Capcomy 3 where less is more in the story and one player engagement outside of matches. As developers, wearing the game play on your sleeve and saying "oh that's more important than endings and story." That attitude within the fighting game community is bat **** crazy especially at 80$ for 2/3 a beta. I want the community to be as outraged as I am so that if, or when this game is actually complete, they don't give us nothing more than a glorified battle ground for online tourny players to spend their entire lives jocking for supremacy and tell local players to kick rocks. Depth and variety outside of competition. Story, customization, modes etc. Get it together.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 06:41:54 PM by LifeTimeFightingGamer »

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 06:48:59 PM »

I would love more story. It doesnt have to be as involved as the new MK games but it would be cool to have more than the original arcades offered. Who knows when this development cycle will end. I don't believe we will get a Season 3. I think some DLC characters may come after Season 2 but that might be it. Hopefully they'll finish out the game. I also hope Killer Instinct 2 (will they call it that?) will launch around 2016 for the Xbox One.

I can't help but wonder if they game wouldnt have been better received by classic KI fans if they named it Killer Instinct 3?

MrTBlack

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 07:34:52 PM »

I would love more story. It doesnt have to be as involved as the new MK games but it would be cool to have more than the original arcades offered. Who knows when this development cycle will end. I don't believe we will get a Season 3. I think some DLC characters may come after Season 2 but that might be it. Hopefully they'll finish out the game. I also hope Killer Instinct 2 (will they call it that?) will launch around 2016 for the Xbox One.

I can't help but wonder if they game wouldnt have been better received by classic KI fans if they named it Killer Instinct 3?

I think it's a 50/50 that we'll get season 3. But Im not concerned. I think we'll get Tusk and Kim Wu no matter what regardless if we have a season 3. The Next KI installment probably won't come out until the 2020s but KI is growing again so we'll probably have a complete game within a year by then will 20 characters.

Lord Raven

• Extreme Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 08:08:04 PM »

KI season 3 is a garanteed. we all know how much M$ loves money, and besides the fact that M$ will not leave KI half way done. considering how much popularity KI has.

MrTBlack

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 08:19:27 PM »

KI season 3 is a garanteed. we all know how much M$ loves money, and besides the fact that M$ will not leave KI half way done. considering how much popularity KI has.

I'm afraid not my friend. It is being planned but there's no guarantee. We may not ever get to see Kim Wu or Tusk as well. All we could do as a community is encourage people to buy season 2 increasing the chances of it happening. I personally just want to play as Tusk so as long as he's included in some way shape or form, I don't mind if there isn't a season 3.

Lord Raven

• Extreme Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2014, 09:23:57 PM »

it will come. believe it. if it does not. then no tusk or kim wuu
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke