Buy Now
KI @ Gamescom 2014 - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Killer Instinct (Arc)
Killer Instinct 2
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Forum

Recent News

02/06/17: Sneak Peak At Ultimates for Killer Instinct

10/30/16: Get the Killer Instinct Season 3 Soundtrack here.

07/20/16: Pre-order Killer Instinct Definitive Edition here!

07/17/16: The Killer Instinct Definitive Edition is coming Sept 20th!

News Archive

Killer Instinct TV

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1293
Latest: AnitaAnela
New This Month: 17
New This Week: 15
New Today: 15
Stats
Total Posts: 10659
Total Topics: 1419
Most Online Today: 133
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 108
Total: 108
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: KI @ Gamescom 2014  (Read 17827 times)

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
KI @ Gamescom 2014
« on: August 10, 2014, 05:05:02 PM »

Anyone know whats going to be shown, when and if it will be streamed?  Its been a busy summer I've been out of it lately.

MrTBlack

Re: KI @ Gamescom 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 05:19:27 PM »

http://m.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a589024/gamescom-2014-what-to-expect-from-this-years-gaming-expo.html#~oMzNphWXiKa0A5

Microsoft is going to be shown Tuesday 1pm-2pm UK time so well probably get the next KI news then. I didn't read the whole program but the link is above for the info.

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 06:52:50 PM »

Wow it looks like the MS portion will be at 7am central.  I will probably not be up but when I am I'll be heading to work.  Hopefully I can get some news up mid day.

MrTBlack

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 08:25:13 PM »

Wow it looks like the MS portion will be at 7am central.  I will probably not be up but when I am I'll be heading to work.  Hopefully I can get some news up mid day.

Yeah. Well probably get Maya gameplay and a sneak peak at the newcomer to KI. Still pondering whos gonna be left out of season 2.

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 08:41:18 PM »

Yeah. Well probably get Maya gameplay and a sneak peak at the newcomer to KI. Still pondering whos gonna be left out of season 2.
I get the feeling it will be Riptor and/or Cinder.  They'll leave one of the most awaited characters for Season 3 to keep interest high.

MrTBlack

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 09:50:46 PM »

I get the feeling it will be Riptor and/or Cinder.  They'll leave one of the most awaited characters for Season 3 to keep interest high.

Yeah me too. I also have a feeling it's going to be 1 KI1&2 character. Tusk and Riptor is my guess. I do think there's a chance Tusk will be the lead character of season 3 like Combo is of season 2 and Jago is of season 1.

NOTLAW47

• Master Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: NOTLAW 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 07:58:00 PM »

Yeah me too. I also have a feeling it's going to be 1 KI1&2 character. Tusk and Riptor is my guess. I do think there's a chance Tusk will be the lead character of season 3 like Combo is of season 2 and Jago is of season 1.
   Microsoft can be full of $#!t sometimes,always looking for a way to keep their hand in your pockets.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:16:21 PM by NOTLAW47 »
The truth,the whole truth,and
nothing but the STOMP-DOWN!!! truth.

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
    • View Profile
Watch Xbox @ Gamescom Live 8/12 5AM PDT
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 08:34:24 PM »

If anyone will be up this early...

You can watch the briefing live on our site: http://killerinstinctonline.net/index.php#gamescom

It starts at 5AM Pacific, 7AM Central and 8AM Eastern.

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 09:15:10 AM »

Here is the official summary for them:

“Killer Instinct” (Iron Galaxy, Microsoft Studios). “Killer Instinct: Season 2” begins Oct. 15, starting with new fighters TJ Combo and Maya, enhanced game modes and a completely revamped interface. The “Killer Instinct: Season 2” – Ultra Edition ($39.99) includes eight fighters with a new fighter added each month, select fighter costumes and accessory packs, and “Killer Instinct 2 Classic.” The “Killer Instinct: Season 2” - Combo Breaker Pack ($19.99) includes eight fighters starting with TJ Combo and Maya, and a new fighter added each month. Additional fighters for Season 2 can be purchased for $4.99 each and fans can get TJ Combo early by purchasing “Killer Instinct: Season 2” - Ultra Edition between Sept. 23 and Oct. 14.

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 10:44:31 AM »

More info from the official forums:

Season 2 Begins October 15, 2014

Product overview: ​Microsoft Studios and the development team at Iron Galaxy are excited to reveal that starting on October 15th, Killer Instinct: Season 2 begins with new fighters, enhanced game modes, and a completely revamped sleek interface.

Fans will have several options to purchase Killer Instinct: Season 2, which includes special discounted fighter packages:

• Killer Instinct: Season 2 – Ultra Edition $39.99/34.99 Pounds/39.99 EURO
o Eight fighters, starting with TJ Combo and Maya, and adding a new fighter each month
o Select fighter costumes and accessory packs
o Killer Instinct 2 Classic – a perfect port of the arcade game with full multiplayer support for intense fighting over Xbox Live
o Content Early Access – Customers who buy the Ultra Edition will get early access to characters and customization items before anyone else

• Killer Instinct: Season 2 - Combo Breaker $19.99/16.99 Pounds/19.99 EURO
o Eight fighters, starting with TJ Combo and Maya, and adding a new fighter each month
• Players can also purchase Season 2 fighters individually as they are made available for $4.99/ 3.99 Pounds/4.99 EURO each

For fans who want to get TJ Combo early, they can purchase the Killer Instinct: Season 2 - Ultra Edition between September 23rd and October 14th. This offer not only includes instantly adding TJ Combo to the roster, but also gives fans early access to Killer Instinct 2 Classic.

Additionally, we are excited to announce that award-winning composer Mick Gordon will return to produce the soundtrack for Killer Instinct: Season 2 and Kevin Bayliss, the original art director for Killer Instinct and Killer Instinct 2, will design eight costumes for Killer Instinct: Season 2 – Ultra Edition. The Killer Instinct: Season 1 soundtrack as well as the original Killer Cuts will also be available to purchase on September 23rd.

More details on Killer Instinct: Season 2 will be released closer to launch. Killer Instinct: Season 1 is currently available for purchase digitally on Xbox One and a special retail version will be available starting September 23.

MrTBlack

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 12:04:18 PM »

Only 2 new characters? Pssh. Kinda figured. No reveal? This is a great disappointment. I think I'm gonna sell my xbox now and quit advocating this kind of marketing for KI.

beary2006

• Solid Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: jamey2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 02:08:33 PM »

Why are u gripping about two characters thats fine with me as long as there perfect and not rushed thats what I care about more then anything

Hypermcker360

• Awesome Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: HyperMCKER360
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 02:23:17 PM »

Would have loved a reveal or some Maya game play....
Good news about arcade KI2 having online gameplay.
Cannot wait for season 2 to start. :) :)

NOTLAW47

• Master Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: NOTLAW 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 08:40:07 PM »

Can I hear Combos theme at least pllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!! ::)
The truth,the whole truth,and
nothing but the STOMP-DOWN!!! truth.

MrTBlack

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 09:13:08 PM »

Can I hear Combos theme at least pllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!! ::)

Allthough I can't say for sure, I have a good feeling it's something similar to the trailer.
Pages: [1] 2

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke