Buy Now
I am upset - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Killer Instinct (Arc)
Killer Instinct 2
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Forum

Recent News

02/06/17: Sneak Peak At Ultimates for Killer Instinct

10/30/16: Get the Killer Instinct Season 3 Soundtrack here.

07/20/16: Pre-order Killer Instinct Definitive Edition here!

07/17/16: The Killer Instinct Definitive Edition is coming Sept 20th!

News Archive

Killer Instinct TV

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1353
Latest: GrigoriyBus
New This Month: 76
New This Week: 35
New Today: 31
Stats
Total Posts: 10664
Total Topics: 1421
Most Online Today: 143
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 130
Total: 130

Author Topic: I am upset  (Read 2768 times)

Drakeyomama

• Basic Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Drake is cool
  • You know my swag, not my story.
    • View Profile
I am upset
« on: June 21, 2014, 04:32:18 PM »

I've always wanted to play killer instinct on an arcade cabinet very badly. I always look for them when i see machines and today i finally found one. A dead one. I Guess i must continue my search.

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
Re: I am upset
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 08:48:36 PM »

I've always wanted to play killer instinct on an arcade cabinet very badly. I always look for them when i see machines and today i finally found one. A dead one. I Guess i must continue my search.

The image isn't working.  I assume you found an arcade with a broken cabinet?  Thats the worst.  Most arcades now days are full of games I have no interest in.  Modern day arcades are flashy and attractive but they're so scripted and designed from top of bottom to take money like crazy.  They give you an illusion of doing well but I'm certain skill isn't much of a factor in how long a player goes on one credit.  They almost all run on PCs, which for some reason disappoints me.  I went to the arcade I used to work at the other day and saw they got another new game, which is a massive surprise since that place was going downhill fast.  Its the Batman racing game, lots of flashing lights and colors but I hardly feel like I'm doing anything. Its more a digital ride you control slightly.  The only upside to that visit was I won a $25 iTunes card from a machine with free game credits from ex coworkers, so it was free!

/rant

Kk-Man

• Awesome Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: MadMetalKaiser
  • It's da way you move, to da killa groove.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 03:46:06 PM »

Never give up the search man.
I've seen many other cabinets since i have mine, but they are rarely as beautiful as the KI1 cab, it's truly a masterpiece of the arcade times.

Drakeyomama

• Basic Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Drake is cool
  • You know my swag, not my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 03:45:22 AM »

it was actually at a school i went to, i took a 3d modeling class there for a week. it was pretty neat i made a scorpion model while i was there. anyway i talked to one of the guys there about it and he said that it was unplugged because one day the power went out and reset all the cabinets, when it restarted the sound was blaring super loud and everyone agreed to just unplug it because it was interrupting the classes. kinda sad but they did have an alpha 3 cabinet and a mortal kombat 2 cabinet i did play while i was there, which was my first time playing alpha 3, but was pretty easy to pick up on since i played a lot of 3rd strike. also the scorpion model if anyone is interested.

redeyeguy

• Global Moderator
  • Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 12:56:04 AM »

I was pretty cheezed when I found an arcade cabinet... converted into some crappy game that probably collected more dust than there are quarters in North America. Dammit..

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke