Seriously? - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Downloads
Forum

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1637
Latest: Purrity
New This Month: 213
New This Week: 52
New Today: 43
Stats
Total Posts: 10698
Total Topics: 1435
Most Online Today: 245
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 204
Total: 204

Author Topic: Seriously?  (Read 12321 times)

turokhan

• Noob
    • View Profile
Seriously?
« on: April 19, 2014, 05:26:07 PM »

Why is this game so hard on hmm medium?

All the cpu ever does is block and throw and pretty much stops any attack from me.

What a POS system this is, I am knocked out far too early as the cpu is damaging me more than I am giving.
This game is really getting to me now!!!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 05:37:44 PM by turokhan »

CXK

• Administrator
  • Crazy Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: A FATAL ERR0R
    • View Profile
Re: Seriously?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 07:23:03 PM »

I find the game extremely difficult on certain settings.  I figured Id get better but I'm not having a lot of luck.  I don't play as much as i should if I want to learn, I'm sort of holding out for X-arcade's adapter or running across a fight stick and having the money available.

Darththork99

• Extreme Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Quilava Slave
  • Born once, Die twice. Born twice, die once.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 07:40:44 PM »

Why is this game so hard on hmm medium?

All the cpu ever does is block and throw and pretty much stops any attack from me.

What a POS system this is, I am knocked out far too early as the cpu is damaging me more than I am giving.
This game is really getting to me now!!!

The AI is learning how you play. But it's not character specific. It seems that each character runs on the same AI and already knows your style, even though you haven't fought them yet.
KI2013
Combo record:
Glacius: 98 hit Ultra
Thunder: 128 hit Ultra
Sadira: 80 hit Ultra
Orchid: 89 hit Ultra
Spinal: --
Fulgore: --

JSRT

• Quad Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 07:42:03 PM »

Yeah the AI is seriously pissing me off in this game. I couldn't get past Sadira using orchid, it's like the fucking thing is bordering on Psychic, always jumping or pulling a shadow move or counter just in time at all times. It does absolutely no unsafe moves whatsoever and just stands there and blocks till it gets an opening. After a while it stops being fun and starts getting frustrating. I could see it being like this on Hard to Kyle difficulty but medium, really? Guess i will never face Shadow Jago at this point. Hopefully when Aria gets rolled out we can fighter on any difficulty and maybe the AI will get fixed so it's just a bit more fair.

Darththork99

• Extreme Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 08:48:57 PM »

Yeah the AI is seriously pissing me off in this game. I couldn't get past Sadira using orchid, it's like the fucking thing is bordering on Psychic, always jumping or pulling a shadow move or counter just in time at all times. It does absolutely no unsafe moves whatsoever and just stands there and blocks till it gets an opening. After a while it stops being fun and starts getting frustrating. I could see it being like this on Hard to Kyle difficulty but medium, really? Guess i will never face Shadow Jago at this point. Hopefully when Aria gets rolled out we can fighter on any difficulty and maybe the AI will get fixed so it's just a bit more fair.

I tried for about an hour to get to Shadow Jago yesterday. Using Thunder against Orchid on medium is just impossible. To be honest, DH should lower the requirements for him just a little bit.
KI2013
Combo record:

Hypermcker360

• Awesome Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: HyperMCKER360
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 11:05:17 PM »

Arcade mode on medium is mind numbing, I will never get shadow jagos stage.
The game is fun but not on this setting, you might as well go on ranked and play the top players, than face medium mode.
Have found throwing controller at telly and sticking 2 fingers up helps a lot!

mc3dragon

• Solid Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: mc3dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 01:26:06 AM »

I have a lot of trouble in that fight, too.  It's mainly when she dose her instinct mode.  Really, I just turtle the hell out of Sadira. 

Dh said that the Orchid vs Sadira matches are interesting.  I think that the right way to put is Sadira likes to spam.

mc3dragon

• Solid Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: mc3dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 01:34:27 AM »

I'm not that good at ki.  I'd like a better controller.
  However, the games that learn you're style make you a better player. 8)

That, or fill a trash can with broken controllers.  >:(

Me?  I cant tell witch controllers work, anymore.  Fuck Sadira.

Darththork99

• Extreme Combo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 11:22:43 AM »

I'm not that good at ki.  I'd like a better controller.
  However, the games that learn you're style make you a better player. 8)

That, or fill a trash can with broken controllers.  >:(

Me?  I cant tell witch controllers work, anymore.  Fuck Sadira.

When the computer does nothing but block and get you with one frame manual combos, it's natural to get your ass handed to you.
KI2013
Combo record:

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 02:48:55 PM »

yea, I have brushed up a little bit and am trying to unlock the stage as well, Medium isn't learning anything, its just flat out cheating old school style. Way frustrating, not sure if Im going to take the time to brush up enough to get it either.

MrTBlack

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 05:39:20 PM »

I've been having trouble as well. I play on medium w/o losing then get my ass handed down to me by the rival fight!

beary2006

• Solid Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: jamey2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 08:22:17 PM »

Play with jago and as soon as the round starts hit him with some kind of quick kick attack makes sure u do more damage to him him as he does u . As soon as u hit him hold down and start hitting quick kick  im talking fast hit quick kick. shadow jago will do nothing but block while your doing that and continue untill tome is up and bam you have the stage
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 09:09:41 PM by beary2006 »

MrTBlack

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2014, 05:24:10 PM »

I tried for about an hour to get to Shadow Jago yesterday. Using Thunder against Orchid on medium is just impossible. To be honest, DH should lower the requirements for him just a little bit.

I beat Orchid with Thunder and Shadow Jago with him. Just keep doing ankle slicer. The CPU keeps blocking and loses a little bit of health each time you do it. It might make you sick but it gets the job done easily!

RL Stormy

• Training
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: RL Stormy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 06:32:24 AM »

I got to person 6 on medium and I kept teabagging Sadira trying to be funny and I think it pisses the AI off because I swear that even when I had a 90% health lead it still would win..I went 0-25 until I just gave up..a feat for another day I suppose..perhaps I may stream today on Medium setting, I got the day off

ETA: I did stream, but on Hard Difficulty...only got to 2 or 3 ppl at most,  mostly killed on the first person.

Here is the broadcast:http://www.twitch.tv/pinkchiffon/b/541126151
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 10:51:17 AM by RL Stormy »

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke