Buy Now
KI1 Frame Data Spreadsheet (UPDATE 4/9) - KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

KillerInstinctOnline - The #1 Fan Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out Killer Instinct TV!
Guests have limited access, sign up now for full access!

+-

Navigation

Home
News
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Killer Instinct (Arc)
Killer Instinct 2
Soundtracks
Sound Bites
Forum

Recent News

02/06/17: Sneak Peak At Ultimates for Killer Instinct

10/30/16: Get the Killer Instinct Season 3 Soundtrack here.

07/20/16: Pre-order Killer Instinct Definitive Edition here!

07/17/16: The Killer Instinct Definitive Edition is coming Sept 20th!

News Archive

Killer Instinct TV

Amazon

+-Stats

Members
Total Members: 1338
Latest: GameOfBuH
New This Month: 61
New This Week: 56
New Today: 23
Stats
Total Posts: 10663
Total Topics: 1420
Most Online Today: 150
Most Online Ever: 942
(June 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 111
Total: 111

Author Topic: KI1 Frame Data Spreadsheet (UPDATE 4/9)  (Read 3833 times)

CSword123

• Basic Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Coolsword123
    • View Profile
KI1 Frame Data Spreadsheet (UPDATE 4/9)
« on: April 03, 2014, 06:11:17 AM »

EDIT: The memory address for stun has been found (thanks Jed)! The attached Ram Watch file has been updated! If you own Killer Instinct Classic on Xbox One please read my second post!!

I figure that if Microsoft is going to revive the KI series, we should actively promote competitive play on KIO. One way we can do this is by making some important numbers for this game easily accessible to players. Sadly, I don't have much time to compile everything by myself so help is greatly appreciated!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlBj9sCnBWZ7dHBxU0ZEYmFpZUVyaGJ6cnBvbmhmanc&usp=sharing

If are interested in contributing and have the time, please download Mame -rr!

Big shoutouts to jedpossum over at SRK for breaking down the science in finding the health values stored in the game's RAM:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/172161/finding-damage-values-in-old-school-games-a-tutorial

To-do list:

1. Find damage values for every move in the game (easiest)
2. Find the memory address for stun values (tricky)
3. Add said stun values to moves
4. Get the frames of every move (hardest)
5. Add any cancel properties of a move and some notes (last but not least)

What you need to test the damage values of every move is a version of mame called https://code.google.com/p/mame-rr/.

NOTE: The most stable version at the time of this writing is ver. 039 SO PLEASE USE ONLY THIS VERSION!!

I have saved the memory addresses of P1 and P2 health to a Ram Watch file. You can quickly get to the damage values by loading it up:

1. Press ctrl+w while running KI in mame rr
2. Click file > open and go to where you saved the file.

An easy way of approaching this is simply by creating a key bind for save state/load state in mame. Just save a state in 2 player versus with full health and reload after testing a move.

Oddly enough, Rare decided to use random values within a specific range for damage. (Arcade only). Not the best way to go about unscaled damage, but I guess the SNES IS the most competitive... PLEASE MAKE SURE TO TEST EVERY RANDOM DAMAGE VALUE IN A MOVE'S RANGE BEFORE ADDING IT TO THE TABLE.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 11:12:10 PM by CSword123 »

Eclipso

• Global Moderator
  • Godlike Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Shin Eclipso
    • View Profile
Re: KI1 Move Data Spreadsheet
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 08:47:42 PM »

awesome task you have here, I wish you all the best.

CSword123

• Basic Combo
  • Xbox Live Gamertag: Coolsword123
    • View Profile
Re: KI1 Move Data Spreadsheet
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 01:40:40 PM »

Thanks but the real credit goes to jedpossum!

If anyone has Killer Instinct Classic on X1, could they post the total frames of any teleport/transform move in the game? This might actually be useful because any move that doesn't  have an active hitbox makes it's startup period redundant.

KillerCroc

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: KI1 Frame Data Spreadsheet (UPDATE 4/9)
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 10:22:19 AM »

EDIT: The memory address for stun has been found (thanks Jed)! The attached Ram Watch file has been updated! If you own Killer Instinct Classic on Xbox One please read my second post!!

I figure that if Microsoft is going to revive the KI series, we should actively promote competitive play on KIO. One way we can do this is by making some important numbers for this game easily accessible to players. Sadly, I don't have much time to compile everything by myself so help is greatly appreciated!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlBj9sCnBWZ7dHBxU0ZEYmFpZUVyaGJ6cnBvbmhmanc&usp=sharing

If are interested in contributing and have the time, please download Mame -rr!

Big shoutouts to jedpossum over at SRK for breaking down the science in finding the health values stored in the game's RAM:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/172161/finding-damage-values-in-old-school-games-a-tutorial

To-do list:

1. Find damage values for every move in the game (easiest)
2. Find the memory address for stun values (tricky)
3. Add said stun values to moves
4. Get the frames of every move (hardest)
5. Add any cancel properties of a move and some notes (last but not least)

What you need to test the damage values of every move is a version of mame called https://code.google.com/p/mame-rr/.

NOTE: The most stable version at the time of this writing is ver. 039 SO PLEASE USE ONLY THIS VERSION!!

I have saved the memory addresses of P1 and P2 health to a Ram Watch file. You can quickly get to the damage values by loading it up:

1. Press ctrl+w while running KI in mame rr
2. Click file > open and go to where you saved the file.

An easy way of approaching this is simply by creating a key bind for save state/load state in mame. Just save a state in 2 player versus with full health and reload after testing a move.

Oddly enough, Rare decided to use random values within a specific range for damage. (Arcade only). Not the best way to go about unscaled damage, but I guess the SNES IS the most competitive... PLEASE MAKE SURE TO TEST EVERY RANDOM DAMAGE VALUE IN A MOVE'S RANGE BEFORE ADDING IT TO THE TABLE.

Can you send me a link to the ver.039, if there's an arcade rom or something? I can't find it anywhere! Maybe I can help you with frame data or something.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Not affiliated with Microsoft, Rare, Iron Galaxy or Double Helix Games in any way.
The site best viewed on a current OS with up-to-date versions of Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome.  
Admin contact: CXK@killerinstinctonline.net
KITV Channel Browser Powered By: Streambadge
Site banner by Rash4ever and other artwork by Psyke